Chapter 2: Trick or Treat Freak

[ELEVEN ECHOING] Goodbye, Mike.

[YELLING] [SCREECHING] [COUGHS] [GROANS] Mike? Mike? [BREATHING HEAVILY] Mike? Mike! [SCREAMING] Mike! Mike! [WHIMPERS] [SOLDIERS SHOUTING INDISTINCTLY] [MUFFLED EXPLOSION] [SOLDIER 1] Bravo team, check in.

[ELEVEN BREATHING HEAVILY] [SOLDIERS CONVERSING INDISTINCTLY] [GRUNTS] [PANTING] [KAREN] What about the Russians? What if they come looking for her? They don't know where she is.

And she can't contact you without us knowing.

[MAN] The most important thing is for you to try to go on with your lives - and to keep all of this - Top secret.

Yeah.

Understood.

We're all patriots in this house.

- [WOMAN] Go back to the beginning.

- [MIKE] I told you everything.

- I understand this is difficult, Michael.

- I don't know where she is.

And even if I did, I'd never tell you.

I would never tell you.

[WOMAN] I know it's difficult to accept, the stories she told you were not true.

She's a very dangerous individual.

[MAN] If she contacts you, you must tell us.

[WOMAN] Otherwise, you're putting yourself and your entire family at risk.

Do you understand, Michael? Do you understand? [MAN] Michael? Michael? [MAN] Fan out.

Somebody check the left side, I'll check the right side.

[HELICOPTER BLADES WHIRRING] [MEN SHOUTING INDISTINCTLY] [THEME MUSIC PLAYING] [HOPPER] Oh, Jesus! [ELEVEN] Ghost.

Yeah, I see that.

- [ELEVEN] Halloween.

- Sure is.

But right now, it's breakfast, okay? Come on, let's eat.

They wouldn't see me.

- Who wouldnât see you? - The bad men.

What are you talking about? Trick or treat.

You want to go trick-or-treating? You know the rules.

- Yes, but - Yeah, so you know the answer.

- No, but they wouldn't see me.

- No.

Hey.

I don't care.

- But they wouldnât see me.

- I don't care, all right? You go out there, ghost or not, it's a risk.

We don't take risks.

All right? They're stupid, and We're not stupid! Exactly.

Now, you take that off, sit down and eat.

Your food's getting cold.

[SIGHS] All right, look How about I get off early tonight, and I buy us a bunch of candy, and we can sit around and get fat, and we watch a scary movie together? How's that for a compromise? [STUTTERS] "Compromise"? C-O-M-promise.

Compromise.

How about that's your word for the day? Yeah? It's something that's kinda in-between.