Chapter 19 - The First Task

Start from the beginning

"I don't wanna lose you." Harry says quietly, and Draco nods a little, grabbing two spare trolleys some kids had left behind, and helping Harry get his trunk into it, Harry doing the same for him.

"Okay, let's go find Hermione."

Harry nods in agreement, following Draco closely.

They walk around for a while, eventually spotting Hermione about to climb into one of the last compartments.

The two follow quickly, moving between students to reach their friend.

Eventually they reach the compartment, and climb inside, helping each other with their stuff.

Harry and Draco sit together across from Hermione.

The ride seemed almost never-ending, and Harry ended up falling asleep on Draco's shoulder, sliding down and cuddling up on his lap into a little ball, his glasses askew.

Draco looked down at him and chuckled lightly, stroking his hair gently and taking his glasses off so he wouldn't break them.

Hermione watches with a small smile, her school robes bundled up in her arms.

Eventually they arrived at Hogwarts. Hermione had gotten dressed, and Draco and Harry had already been dressed by the time they left the manor.

Draco woke Harry up, and a little while later, they were on their way towards the castle.

"Welcome!" Dumbledore calls out to the students after the sorting was over and the students were settled down. "And welcome back! To another year of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Now, there are a few announcements I must make before we feast, but first, I'd like to invite a few guests! I'd like to invite first, the members of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic!"

With this, many students in light blue uniforms appeared as the doors of the Great Hall swung open.

They performed stunts, and impressive tricks, as their Headmistress came up to Dumbledore, and he kissed her hand and nodded in welcome.

"And now! To introduce and welcome, the members of the Durmstrang Institute of Magic!"

The members of Durmstrang did just the same as Beauxbatons, performing stunts and tricks, ending with spouting a giant flaming Phoenix from one of the Durmstrang student's wands.

Once the two guest schools sat down, Dumbledore stood again.

"I must inform you all of a task to take place this year." He began, and his voice suddenly became very quiet.

"Let me say that this tournament isn't for the faint of heart. With each part of the tournament, you face extremely deadly and dangerous tasks. This tournament only happens once every 10 years, and the winner will win 10,000 Galleons prize money. Mr.Barty Crouch of the Ministry of Magic would like to make an announcement as well."

The man that Dumbledore referred to as Barty Crouch stepped forward.

"It has been decided, that no one under the age of seventeen will be allowed to put fourth their name into the drawing of the tournament."

Suddenly the Great Hall rose up in uproar, shouting things like "That's rubbish!" or "That's completely unfair!"

"Silence!!" Dumbledore shouted, everyone falling silent.

Dumbledore sighed. "Now, for the rest of the announcements.."

More announcements, lots of dinner, and dessert later, and Harry was back in Severus's corridors, sitting on the couch and talking to Severus as they sipped tea quietly.