nineteen ; present

Start from the beginning

All this time the blonde had tried her best to stay out of the middle of this fight between them and him; even back when Void sent her out to do a task or two for him, she was reluctant about it. She wanted him, and she got him, but she also unexpectedly got a spot in his plan of revenge. Then when they parted, she simply got out of Beacon Hills, not wanting to be apart of whatever outcome came of this war. Though, now, here she was, back in town and exactly back right in the dead center of all of this chaos. Maybe Pru was meant to be here, maybe she wasn't supposed to fight the circumstances, and with that in mind, she had decided to no longer ignore the signs. She was going stay, and try to shine some light throughout all this darkness.

"It's Lydia," Scott spoke up after his phone had went off, voice barely above a whisper. "She got released an hour ago. She just found out what happened."

"Do you want to go see her instead?" Prudence asked him softly, only wanting to follow through with the werewolf's wishes.

"No, Kira's with her, she'll be fine. Liam is spending the night anyway, I want to keep an eye on him."

She nodded understandingly, fingers wrapped around the steering wheel. "Okay."

"Where—where are you going to go?" Scott croaked out, the roughness of his voice from crying causing him to cough in the middle.

"I'll probably stay at a motel for tonight. I want to stay in town to help you out, if you don't mind." She answered, breaking lightly to stop at a red light and taking the opportunity to face him for a moment.

"Thanks, but I don't think there's anything else you can do. You told us everything you know about him and what he was planning. Even if we knew where he was, it'd be hard to corner him and bite him again; he's more prepared this time, more prepared than I thought..." Scott drifted off, more sadness returned to his tone as he reflected on the loss he felt.

He was right, he was more prepared, knowing not to underestimate them this time and the fact they were capable of stopping him if he wasn't careful. Prudence herself was surprised how quickly he got to work after their first night of reconnecting, considering every possibility while he planned and planned the pack's destruction. It was an obsession almost, fueled by the vexation, resentment, and embarrassment that he had let them get the upper hand. She was sure nothing was ever going to get in the way of that, even her.

Perhaps that was the most tragic part about them; that no matter how either of them tried to bend each other in ways they weren't capable of, breaking themselves in the process, they couldn't get over one another. They loved each other, but it seems they could never love the other right, differences always getting in between everything. And what do you do with that? When surrendering seems impossible, when meeting in the middle can't be done? The girl was been trying to figure that out for what seems like forever.

They clashed, they ran, they got hurt, they got scared — really it all made sense to her that they were better off on their own. Though that was also the problem, because it didn't need to make sense, love wasn't supposed to make sense, since when did it ever? It was never something you were supposed to understand, it was just something you were supposed to embrace despite the riskiness of it all. She never expected that it would come to this point where it hurt too much to embrace and it also hurt too much not to. In the end, Pru was afraid of what she might have to do, what she'd have to sacrifice, so she could set things right.

She hasn't realized it had been so silent until she twisted the keys out of the ignition after pulling into his driveway, her car next to them where she had left it, the atmosphere tainted by unresolved problems and feelings. The blonde waited for him to move, to do something, even reach for the keys or his door handle, but all he did was stare forward, lost within himself. In that moment, she saw him for who he really was, a kid that had been through way too much, been put in situations he shouldn't have been involved in.

"Scott, he's not going to hurt another person, I promise. I won't let him."

"You can't promise that," He whispered, tears threatening to fall from his brown eyes once again.

She swallowed hard, knowing that may be true, but not giving in. "Yes, I can. Now, here's your keys, and I'll be here tomorrow and we'll talk more, okay?"

"Okay." He sighed, grabbing the keys that were waiting to be taken from her hand, and seconds later they were both exiting the car.

Both of them shared a brief hug before she walked her way over to her vehicle, the crimson cloak they had discovered earlier on in hand, which she sat in the seat next to her while climbing into the driver's side. The girl gazed at the riding hood, not attempting to leave just yet, a hand even reaching out to touch the worn fabric that still somehow brought her comfort. She recalled when she was younger, when Pru had first received it, knowing she had gone everywhere with it on, a bright grin on her face as she felt unstoppable in it, like she could do anything, be anything. Then along the way for obvious reasons she had lost hope, and it had been a difficult journey trying to discover it again, though she was determined not to lose sight of what was important again. After all, she has a lot of things to make up for.

It had been an eventful day to say the least, certainly nothing Prudence had expected, and after she let out a deep breath and shifted to put her seat belt on, the first trickles of rain started fall from the gray clouds. Water droplets slid down the windows of her car; it appeared she had made it inside vehicle at the right time. Thunder even began to clap loudly, warning her of the dangerous and nasty storm that was to come, and also startling her a bit while she started her car. The headlights flickered on before the girl was ready to put the form of transportation in reverse, and she would've if she didn't suddenly see two people standing in front of her car, both of them soaking wet.

A gasp escaped her while her eyes adjusted, seeing the the figures get closer until she realized it was Scott and Liam, both of whom she thought were already settled in inside. She rolled down her window, not caring that the rain would get her and the interior of her car wet, the boys crouching down to talk as they ignored the weather. She knew something was wrong before either of them opened their mouth, since why else would they urgently run out here to catch her before she left? The wide eyes of Scott McCall were only adding to the proof.

"What's wrong?" She questioned, windshield wipers working like crazy as the storm quickly worsened in a matter of minutes.

"He's at the school. Argent managed to track him there. We need to get everyone together, we won't get another opportunity like this. This ends tonight." The alpha explained, knowing that this was the last chance he would get to make things right and get justice for Malia and Allison as well.

She looked him in the eyes, her heart picking up pace in her chest, already afraid of how things would go but understanding she needed to be there with them. "Get in."