9➢ ready & surprise!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

johnny orlando

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

saturday morning, kenzie's surprise party

"hey mads," i speak through the phone

"john, don't worry, i've got everything sorted she's getting ready right now." maddie calmly talks through the phone, while i pace through my name. "don't stress." whoops.

"okay, thanks maddie." i click the bright red button at the bottom of my phone, ending the call with maddie. i turn to see a big cardboard box on my bed that fills with party decorations that will soon fill the living room of the ziegler's house.

a small ding captures me from my thoughts. i quickly swipe my phone off of my desk looking at the notification that lights up my screen.

-

mads: we just got in the car, you can head over in 5 minutes, mum is making the cake

johnny: thanks, i'll text when you can come back.

johnny: also have fun!

mads: you owe me ;)

johnny: sure sure

-

i grab my shoes that sit next to my door, slipping them onto my feet. i once again grab my phone off my desk, slyly placing into the back pocket of my jeans. i grab the large box of decorations that sit on my bed, opening the door with my foot somehow. i make sure not to trip down the stairs while stepping down them one by one. i call lauren's name to catch her attention, which works.

"what!" she screams as she pokes her head out of her bedroom door.

"you have 30 minutes to get ready and come over to the zieglers, we have party planning to do." i wink, exiting our house, making my way over to the zieglers. i manage to knock on the door without dropping the rather heavy box of decorations.

the door swings open to reveal a melissa with perfect curls through-out her hair and nice outfit on. "morning, john." she smiles happily. everyday i see melissa i can't help but notice that she's a lot happier than she used to be when greg was around.

"morning, mummy mel." i cheekily smile as i know she hates that name. she gives me a mean stare before giving a little giggle. "everyone should be around in about 30 minutes to help."

"awesome!" she cheerfully says. "well the cake is in the oven for the next 20 minutes, so we can get started on decorations.

-

after a solid 15 minutes of blowing balloons up, brynn arrives with 2 helium balloons that read '18'.

"i'm here, kiddos!" she bursts through the doors, getting stuck halfway through. she budges the balloons through the door. she walks over to the railing of the stairs and ties the rope up to the rail making the balloons float up in the air.

"way to make an entrance, brynn." melissa pops her head out of the kitchen, giving brynn a wink.

"morning, melissa." brynn giggles, before strutting her way over to the table where all the decorations lay. "what do we need help with, johnny boy?" brynn gives a small chuckle before she picks up a banner.

"that needs to hang up there." i point to the wall where melissa wanted the specific banner to go.

"okay," she smiles at me. "i'll do that."

-

around 45 minutes later everyone starts to roll in, all socialising with each other. grabbing some food or some drinks. just before i go to text maddie that she can bring kenzie home, a sudden bang of the door startles everyone.

"what's a party without, nadia turner?" i squeeze my eyes shut as my eyes lay on her existence.

"nadia, you need to get out," lauren speaks up from somewhere in the small crowd. nadia rolls her eyes at lauren's comment.

"can't i say happy birthday to my best friend?" brynn scoffs, also rolling her eyes.

"best friend?" brynn speaks up. "i think not, you hardly talk to kenz, unless it's something bitchy." a silent chatter starts to fill the room at brynn and nadia's banter. "shut up people, i'll get her out of her."

everyone's chatter fills up the room again, so i decide to text maddie now that everything is over with.

-

john: bring her back, we are ready

mads: okay ill get her in the car now.

john: thanks a lot mads:)

mads: anything for my little sister's boyfriend ;)

john: very funny

-

"okay everyone hide! she's nearly here!" i shout through the house making everyone scatter off into different hiding places. melissa quickly shuffles over to the light-switch, turning it off making the room go dark. she quickly slides back to her dedicated spot.

the door handle starts to click and a crack of sunlight shines through the room. "mum?" kenzie's voice echoes through the room.

"surprise!" everyone jumps out of the hiding spot making kenzie jump a little.

-

jokes i said the next chapter would have a lot of drama

it's next chapter

#sorrynotsorry

45 votes and 15 comments for the next chapter ;)