6➢waking & memorys

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

johnny orlando

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

day 8. i think. i wouldn't know. it seems like years.

yes, i am still at the hospital. after 192 hours and still yet to leave the building. the doctors have been saying she is improving and is more likely to wake up now, but they are still yet to know it she will have an affects after the coma. such as memory loss, brain damage or hopefully nothing.

i have still been telling melissa and maddie to go home and would contact them right away if she woke up. haven't had to use my call yet. everyone has been dropping by after school most days, chatting to her. her fingers and toes have been wriggling a little bit when certain people talk to her. doctors say that it's good, so there is only hope.

it's currently sunday and myself, brynn, maddie and annie are all sitting in kenzie's room eating out lunch and having a small conversation. the heart monitor continues to beep, trying to interrupt our conversation. i haven't gotten used to the noise, but every time brynn comes in she is tempted to throw something at it.

we are all crowed around the circle table which is positioned off to the right of kenzie's bed where she lays lifeless. a knock on the door is heard and all our head turn to see the doctor casually walking through the door.

"good afternoon everyone." he smiles, cheerfully. we all give him a small hello and a smile back. "just coming in to check on mackenzie here." the other continue to eat, while my eyes watch his movements. he checks something, scribbles it down. checks another thing, scribbles it down.

he takes one last scan over her body to check any movements and starts to head out the door. i quickly scramble from my chairs and chase after him. "hey, doc." i catch up before he leaves the room.

"what can i do for you, johnny?" he even knows my name, that's how long i've been here.

"what do i do if she wakes up and there are no doctors in here?" i give him a simple question for him to answer. he gives a small chuckle at my question before going ahead and answering.

"hit that red button above her head," he points to a bright red button above her bed. "the staff will come in and take her out and try to get her to back to her own breathing." he smiles, giving me an efficient answer.

"so, your saying as soon as she wakes up she's leaving again?" my face has no emotion and my eyes stare right into the doctors.

"this is the only way we can get her back up on her feet again." he gives me a soft smile. " you're a great boyfriend to her, johnny." he gives me a pat on the shoulder before he leaves the room and assists the other patients.

i turn around on my heel and walk back over to the table and continue eating my subway. the girls don't ask any questions and continue talking amongst themselves.

-

it's now later in the afternoon. 5:38 pm to be exact. i'm now in the room alone. annie and brynn had to leave due to that they had to complete an assignment that is due tomorrow. maddie left to go see jack, she told me she would be back in about an hour.