1➢ running & running

warning: this chapter does contain child abuse, i recommend for the younger viewers to skip ahead a little bit :)

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mackenzie ziegler

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

previously on 'best friends'

"goodnight, kenzie."

"night, john." i watch him walk back over through the path, to his house and wake him one last goodbye before he enters the house. i quietly twist the doorknob, just in case mum is asleep, but no, the door opens up to reveal greg standing right in the middle of the room.

"where have you been, slut."

"out-"

"shut up!"

-

i shrivel up into the corner, greg inching closer and closer towards me. "now since your mum is beaten up," he pauses, coming closer towards me. "now it's your turn." he smirks. he grabs my arms forcing me out of the corner and throwing me onto the ground. i wince in pain as i hit the ground. he comes over and kicks me in the stomach causing me to hunch over in more pain.

"greg-" i try to talk but hunch over in more pain. i manage to get up from the floor, but get knocked down again by a slap across the face. he continues to kick me and shove me around, causing me to get more hurt. his foot shoves into me in many different places.

"runaway, you whore." i watch his disappear up the stairs. i continue to sit on the floor in pain, tears slowly dripping down my face. after around 10 minutes of sitting in pain, i decide to take greg's 'kind' words and runaway. 

i slowly make my way off the ground, slowly but surely making my way to the door. i slowly twist the knob and limp my way out the door. i shut it very secretly behind and look up to see johnny's curtains closed, with the light off. this made me cry even harder, thinking of him.

i make my way down the driveway and out onto the road. i let my feet drag me along the footpath. i continue walking through the dark, hobbling along. many cars passing by, not caring one single peice. 

my phone vibrates in my pocket. i slowly bring myself to grab it out of my pocket to see the caller i.d of my mum across the screen. i hit the decline button and continue walking down the street.

i reach 'our spot' and climb through the bushes, walking into the open area. i stand in the middle, breaking down in tears. i fall to my knees,  breaking down into more tears causing me to go dizzy. 

all i remember is falling down to the ground and my vision going black.

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

johnny orlando

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"melissa? it's 2 am? why are you calling me?" my voice is croaky, because of the rude awakening of my phone ringing.

"john! have you seen kenzie?" she shouts through the phone, worry laced through her voice. i sit up in my bed, scrunching my eyebrows together.

"no, what do you mean? i was with kenzie like 4 hours ago! i took her home!" i jump out of my bed and run over to my window, ripping the curtain open to see kenzie's curtain wide open and her room untouched.

"she's gone! she's not here!" melissa screams through the phone once more. i can hear her pacing through the house looking in every cupboard.

"melissa, calm down. go to sleep, she will be here somewhere. i'll go find her." i hear her breathing calm down.

"okay, thank you johnny." i hear her shuffling around once more until the line goes silent.

"i love her melissa, and i will make sure she is back." she sniffles through the line. she mumbles one last 'thank you' before the line goes dead.

i quickly rush through my phone looking for kenzie's number. as soon as i find it i rapidly tap on it calling her phone. the line beeps a couple of time until i hear her voicemail come through.

"hey it kenz, um sorry i can't take your call right now. i guess you should leave a message after the tone?" she laughs at the end making my lips curve the slightest bit upwards.

"hey kenz, um i don't know where you are but, please come back. i'm worried about you and so is your mum. and i just want you to know that i love you and p-please come back. for me?" my voice gets shaky towards the end of the message.

i continue to leave her heaps of text messages which consist of;

johnny♡; kenz

johnny♡;  kenzie, where are you?

johnny♡;  please respond

johnny♡;  i'm worried

johnny♡;  come back

johnny♡;  i love you

-

oh damn kenz gone runaway ;)