two

While stumbling her way along the corridors of the shopping mart covered with polished floors and balancing the cart full with household items in one hand and a groom in another, it was difficult to think what was worse. Shopping in general or shopping with her mom.

Naina's mom was the ultimate nightmare for anyone. She was in her late forties, had a 4'11" frame, chubby and very loud. She often had a knack for cracking lame jokes and always pretended to be a "cool mom" in front of her friends. She had big black eyes that always had kohl underlined.

So basically, Mrs. Talwar was the typical Indian Punjabi mother who thought their children are the best and brightest .

Unfortunately, in Naina's case it was actually true.

Naina was a medical student at St. John Medical College, Mumbai. It was one of the most prestigious medical colleges of India and it was hard getting an admission into.

You ought to be one of the best scholars across the whole country to get here and she was blessed to be in it.

Although, it took a lot of sleepless nights of studying, crying, frustrating and more studying but her hardwork had paid off. She was finally on her way to becoming a doctor.

Perks of living in the same city where her college and home was that she could stay at her home and go to college regularly. This way, it would minimise her chances of any possible human interaction.

She was anti-social when it came to people. She couldn't make a proper conversation with anyone without humiliating herself with her awkwardness one way or another.

Pushing the heavy cart forward toward the cash counters, Naina stopped and caught her breath for a second. She looked up and caught herself staring at her reflection in the security cameras.

A nervous twenty something wide-eyed girl with black full-framed spectacles and straight brown hair reaching just below her neck, wearing a top with horizontal  red-white stripes and a denim skirt

A nervous twenty something wide-eyed girl with black full-framed spectacles and straight brown hair reaching just below her neck, wearing a top with horizontal red-white stripes and a denim skirt.

She definitely looked like a school-going nerd. Who would even look upon her as a second year college student?

She sighed. Plain old Naina. The shy, sweet, quiet and studious one.

Pushing her spectacles up her nose, she decided to move on when she heard a noise.

"Hey! What you lookin' at? You better stare at the TV, kid!" the voice belonged to a girl the same age as hers.

She was hot, wearing a black tank top and blue ripped denim shorts. She had big headphones tucked around her neck and a brown American Tourister bag hanging on her shoulders. She wore a grey bandana around her head, her blonde hair reaching till her neck.

 She wore a grey bandana around her head, her blonde hair reaching till her neck