Chapter twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

"I tried to run away. I fled to Kingdom 6, Earth. I succeeded to hide for weeks, but soon the other gods were hot on my heels. I created this castle on the bottom of the ocean. I know that no god will ever find this.

One day I left this place and Elijah caught me and sent me in exile in Kingdom 7, Rictio: Land of the Dark. He never found my castle and years later I returned. Every god is now looking for me again, but they will never find me here.

This place will, in the future when I am gone, be an escape for my descendants. It is the Castle of Cold. The secret of its existence will be inherited.

If you are reading this, you must never tell anyone about the Castle of Cold."

On the bottom of the page a set of coordinates were written. I took an expensive looking pen lying near the book and wrote the coordinates on my hand. I wanted to remember them.

I started turning the pages in the book. Some of them were covered in text, while others were filled with sketches. I came across one that looked bizarre. It looked like figures of people.Theirfaces were contracted in agony. 

***

A terrible pain shot through my head. I lifted my hand, so I could rest my head on it.

I looked around and immediately recognized my surroundings. I was still in the castle, but not in ballroom anymore. I was sitting on something soft. I looked down and noticed a big pillow made of white velvet.

 I was not wearing the bathrobe anymore. On my feet, there were now two small shoes. They were white like the beautiful dress that had replaced the robe. On my right wrist dangled a small bracelet made of silver. I had a ring with a sparkling pearl on my left ring finger. My hair had been pulled op in a tight ponytail and I had two long earrings in my ears. 

It was strange, I did not recall ever getting my ears pierced.

I stood up, from where I was sitting, so I could get a good look at my surroundings. The seat, I had been sitting in, was placed on something that looked like a stage. I hopped down from it and soon noticed two small steps, I could have used. 

When I had gotten a few feet away from the stage I looked at it. It was at this moment I realized what I had been sitting on. It was no ordinary chair; it was a throne. It explained the expensive pillow made of velvet. It was a big throne; the back of it was approximately twice my size. It was made of ice, like the rest of the castle.

I raised my hand to my head. Placed neatly on the top of my head was a crown. I removed it with my hands and looked at it.

In the centre of the crown a white pearl was placed, looking much like the pearl on my ring. Sparkling stones were surrounding it. The stones formed a pattern that reminded me of snowflakes. Was this my castle? I slowly backed away from the stage. This did not make any sense. 

I hit something with my back and turned around immediately. I let out a loud yelp. It was a human. It was a male with white pants and a white shirt on.

"Oh, you scared me."

He did not answer, just kept starring at something behind me. I turned around again, but there was nothing there. I looked back him. He had not moved even an inch.

I slowly placed my right hand on his shoulder, but he still did not respond. I gasped when I felt his skin. He was freezing, literality.

"What is going on?" I said to no one in particular, because there was no one here but me.

The frozen man in front of me had a pillow in his hands. It was a smaller version, of the one I had been sitting on. It would fit a crown perfectly.

I placed the crown – I was still holding it in my left hand – on the pillow.

"Thank you," I said even though I knew he could not hear me.

Behind me I could suddenly heard a loud bark. I knew I had heard it before, so I turned around slowly. My suspension was right: It was the hound.

**

And today's joke is (drumroll):

"I want to win 10 million in the lottery, just like my dad did!"

"OMG, your dad won 10 million in the lottery?!"

"No, but he always wanted to."