Chapter 26: Taipan

Rudi and I turned around seeing something I never thought was possible. It was like two Pokémon combined into one. I've heard stories that there was a device that could merge two Pokémon together, especially when Team Plasma was still around, but I have never seen it with my two eyes.

I'm not talking about the device, but rather what it was capable of doing. That Pokémon stood on two feet, looking similar to a Reshiram as this new Pokémon was white and shared similar features. Unlike Reshiram, this new Pokémon had more of a mechanical face, with shards of blue ice poking from it's mouth. I think it was safe to say I had never seen anything more terrifying before.

That was until I tore my gaze away from the new Pokémon at towards the man that stood in front of it. His voice was familiar, and it didn't take long to realize why. This man was the same one who trapped me in the basement in the Pokémon Center. His voice gave him away, but seeing him face to face was even more terrifying. This man had broad shoulders, ones that seemed to nearly poke out of the long black coat he wore.

My eyes didn't look anywhere further than his face as a scar ran from one side of his face to the other, dropping down to his jaw line. It was as if he didn't treat it right, causing him to forever bare that scar. His bald head made it the stand out feature on his face, making me feel bad that I ever even stared at it. To make matters worse, his eyes were red. Not just the iris of his eyes, but his entire eyes were just red.

If I thought his eyes were bad, it was nothing compared to who he had in his clutches.

He held a girl with blue hair escaping it's bun that it was usually in. A black bandana wrapped around her mouth, acting as a gag, preventing her to speak. Her arms didn't even need to be tied as she tried pulling the arm, that was closest to her neck, away from her. I watched as her eyes widened in fear, not knowing what would happen next.

Rena had every right to be scared. This man had one arm wrapped around her stomach to prevent her from going anywhere. If that wasn't enough, he held a knife to her throat. Never have I ever seen anyone use weapons other than forcing their own Pokémon to do their dirty work.

This complicated things a bit.

I turned to look at Rudi, who froze. Seeing his sister being used as leverage had to be hard. I took a step in front of him.

"Let her go, she has no part in this," I warned.

"Oh, but you're wrong. Had we not found her, we wouldn't be here," The man explained, "I'm thinking of keeping her around a bit longer."

The fear in Rena's eyes widened as her body trembled. I could tell Rudi was about to attack the man. My hand grabbed his arm to prevent him from making some stupid, hasty decision.

One wrong move, and his sister could be gone.

Instead of letting him talk, I spoke up, "And you got here," I reasoned, "so what's the point on having her. You got what you needed. Don't drag someone else into this. Please."

"Well since you said please," The man said, as he tucked the knife in his back pocket and pushed her towards the ground.

Rudi started running towards his sister as she stumbled to get up. Unfortunately, the bald-headed man had other ideas.

"White Kyurem, use ice beam," He instructed.

We all froze as Rena looked up at the white Pokémon. It opened it's mouth as it's tail blazed in red. A beam of ice escaped, knocking Rena down to her feet and wrapping her legs and upper torso in ice, trapping her to the ground. She had nowhere to escape as the color of her face started to fade.