Chapter 10: Around the Wheel

A man walked back and forth in a small conference-like room as everyone stood back in terror, worried about what would happen next. He could care less what they thought of him at the moment. Right now, he was angry. All of his hard work was for nothing. All because someone had to butt on in and take everything from him.

Just who was this new superhero? Just months ago, they knew how to slow down Braviary Man, but to have another super running around Unova was a major set back. If things didn't get fixed soon, he would have to step in himself, and the man didn't want that. He'd rather sit back and have his workers do all the work. After all, that's how things should've worked being as he was the leader of the organization.

He looked back at the four members who had took a seat at the table in front of him. The one sitting to the far right of the table was Lantana. As the man looked at her, he realized it was any mission she was on that had failed miserably. Upon realizing this, the man's blood boiled even more.

He slammed his fist on the table in front of her and glared into her purple eyes. "Answers, now!"

Lantana flinched as her eyes widened in terror. The man didn't back away. Instead, he just glared at her, waiting for an answer, growing a bit impatient every second she wasted not saying a single word.

"Sir, the girl had a mere Ducklett. There was no way I was going to let her think she could play superhero without feeling pain," Lantana explained. "I didn't know she was going to be so strong."

Unimpressed with her answer, the man bellowed. "Excuses!" Everyone flinched in response. "How dare you underestimate a mere child! Look at Gila! She's nineteen, and no one has stepped foot in Opelucid."

The nineteen year-old tossed her long blonde hair over her shoulder as she smirked at Lantana. Out of all the members in Team Miasma, she was the one who has never failed a single mission. It was actually her idea on splitting up, attacking at two different places to distract Braviary Man while they looked around Nacrene City. There was a rumor that there was an important piece to their plan.

Of course, it failed all because Gila didn't lead it. That was what the leader of Team Miasma thought as he glared at the admin who failed him. If Gila could've lead it, this mission wouldn't have been for nothing.

"But sir—" Lantana argued.

"No!" the man glared at her. He had enough of her failure and excuses. "You're done. Go. I will not have failure on this team."

Lantana was shock. She shook her head as the tears started to sting in her eyes. "You have no idea what you're doing."

"I believe I do," the man said, as he pushed himself off the table and straighten up. He watched as the girl's widened in terror. Regardless how he felt, he snapped his fingers, causing two of the grunts to walk away from where they stood behind the admins.

"No, no!" Lantana screamed as the two grunts pulled her out of the chair. She jerked and tried escaping from their grasps. The admin just wasn't strong enough.

Everyone watched as she was escorted out of the room, scared as to wonder who was next.

The leader of Team Miasma turned to see the other two admins of Team Miasma: the Krait twins. They didn't have much of a brain, but at least they've yet to upset the man. He smiled as he noticed how nervous everyone was getting. For him, the tension was soothing.

Maybe seeing their fellow admin being kicked out should give them the motivation they need, the leader of Team Miasma thought.

"In the meantime, I need answers of who this Swanna Girl is," he explained to the Krait twins. "Do whatever it takes to get her out of the picture.