22// Stalkers of California

I loved the beach. Always have, always will. The way the waves fold over the wet sand. The way little children attempt to my make sand castles. The way seagulls steal your food when you're trying to have a barbecue. I loved it all.

        I laid on my towel, which was set on the white sparkling sand, my beach bag holding my head up.

The sun sent its UV rays on my skin, which was why I was grateful for the existence of sunscreen. I was in no mood to burn my skin.

        I was simply doing nothing. Just lying on my towel, my annoying ear buds constantly popping out of my ears, me having to re-shove them in with all my force.

        "You know, maybe you should look at the letter on each ear bud, it normally tells you which ear they are supposed to go in," Logan said, looking at me, his sunglasses covering his eyes. I took his sunglasses off, and I noticed that his face was a bit darker, but darker than the area around his eyes, which was in the shape of his sunglasses. 

        "You know, your face is darker than the space around your eyes," I said smiling, taking my ear buds out and correcting them, putting them in the right ear. Yep, there was a little letter. L for left, R for right.

        I looked at Logan, and he was looking at himself in the camera of his IPhone, mildly panicking.

 "Logan just don't put your glasses back on, and close your eyes, so your eye lids can look less like vampire skin."

        "Yea, thank you," he said laying his head back down, smiling sarcastically.

        "Stop smiling, or else your teeth will tan too," I said laughing, and he started laughing too.

        We lied there for at least three hours, and in the process, the sun allowed me to receive a little bit of color. When I finally found a position on my stomach in which I was comfortable, so my back could tan, we saw a middle aged woman carrying at least six bags; its contents falling out of the bag, a small child that was crying, and another very energetic child, who was running around and doing cartwheels. I was about to go up and help her when I realized that someone got there first.

        "Here, Miss let me help you," Logan said, taking the bags, putting them on the floor and running after the things on the beach that had fell behind her.

        "Thank you," she said with an interesting accent. She took control of her children as Logan ran around putting the things in the bags. When he was done, he picked them up, and asked her where he should put them. She pointed him the direction where her spot on the beach was, and he started walking over them, nodding to me, giving me the message that he would be back.

        I plopped my head on the towel ungracefully, and concentrated on my music and tanning, until...

        "Listen lady.. You stay away from Logan, okay?" She demanded more than asked.

        She had medium blonde hair that shined in the sun, which made her hair look more greasy than beautiful. She had curves, but her skin still stuck to her bones. She wore a purple bikini, and no shoes.

        "I'm guessing your not from here," I said, propping myself on my elbows.

        "No, dumb ass. I was Logan's ex-girlfriend, and you better fucking stay away from him," she said, showering me in spit, which was seriously disgusting. I wasn't comfortable having someone I didn't know spray their DNA on me. 

        I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to say to her. I just looked at her blankly.

        "Katy?" Logan said, obviously arriving back to the spot where we were on the beach.

        "Hi Logan," she said to him in a sweet voice, blinking her eyelids very fast, and sticking her butt out. Ugh, disgusting. "I was just telling your girlfriend that she was very pretty. By the way sweetie did you know that he had two different girlfriend in three days," she said. What? Ryan said the same thing.

        "Did you follow us to Greece?" Logan said looking horrified. Katy didn't say anything, and just looked at me, throwing me a look of disgust.

        "I hope you rot in hell," she said to me, and stomping away, and we watching until she was just a little speck of purple in the horizon. 

        "I'm sorry for that," he said sitting down.

        "It's okay, I guess I have to get used to it... no?"

        "Well if people love me that much," he said smirking. I wiped his smirk off when I leaned towards him and kissed him.

        "Why would they love you that much?" I whispered to him.

        "Well, I'm handsome," he said counting the reasons on his fingers," I'm funny, I'm very sexy, and I'm so incredibly..."

        "Modest?" I finished his sentence, and he smiled and kissed me again.

        "Yes, modest."

>>>>>>>>>>>A.N.

Hey guys,

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a few days, but I have a good reason. Well not really but kind of.

Pretty much I am now OFFICIALLY on summer vacation, and I delayed the updating cause I just wanted to get through those last school days, and then I could fully commit to the story, and other goals that I have this summer as well.

Also I just got over 400 reads!! So awesome!! Thank a lot guys!! HAPPY SUMMER!! And have a nice vacation!!

Kenya

P.S. Happy fourth of July to all my Americans!