12// Pajama Days and Video Games

We decided to stay home that day. To adjust to the time difference, and just do nothing. We call that, "Pajama day," in our family.

So I changed into my sweats and walked up to the lounge, seeing Ryan, Lucas, and Logan playing Call of Duty Ghosts, yelling random things at the tv.

I walked to the couch they were sitting on, sat next to Logan, and grabbed a controller and started playing with them.

"Shit! Logan run to the alley I need back up," Lucas yelled with wide eyes.

"Are you kidding me, man? I'm trying to hold off these guys. Faye do you think you can help me?" Logan asked.

"Yea I'm right by you. See?" I said.

"Yea. Dude.. dudette how are you killing them?"

"When you grow up in the same house as Ryan Burke, you become a very sophisticated COD player," Ryan said, answering for me.

"Yea, exactly," I said. Within minutes of shooting the enemy via machine gun alongside Logan, we killed them all.

Logan looked at me and sighed, " Your very good."

I smirked, and said, "I know... we should do vs. mode and see who's better."

"Lermans vs. Burkes?" Lucas said.

"Sounds good," Ryan said.

We switched seats so I was next to Ryan, and Logan was next to Lucas. We set the game in vs. and we started playing.

"Crap where are you guys?" Logan said, his eyes moving to every space on the big tv.

"I'll get Lucas, you get Logan," Ryan whispered loud enough so only I could hear.

I ran around, running after Logan, who was now in a creepy building. I ran up the stairs to the second floor where Logan was.

"Fuck! What the hell Ryan... Already? Can't you let me live for five minutes?" Lucas yelled dropping his controller on the floor. Ryan started laughing, still playing, walking around, probably coming to help we with the assassination of Logan.

I jumped out from the box I was hiding behind, and used my machine gun to shoot him. That sounds more harsh than it looks. I obviously am referring to Call of duty.

"Shit Faye honestly! I had no idea you were even there!" Logan yelled, putting his head in his hands.

Ryan and I laughed, and we high fived and celebrated our victory, as Logan and Lucas looked extremely depressed.

I'm done with this shit," Logan said standing up, and walking out of the room, and we followed him into the kitchen.

We then ate a late lunch. We just made some sandwiches, and stayed in the comfort of our garden, sitting, all four of us in the hammock. Logan next to me, my head on his shoulder, not because I liked him, but because he was my friend, and I felt close enough to do that.

LOGAN'S POV

Faye is maybe the best COD player I have ever seen. I don't understand how she does it. She'll have to teach me.

We sat on the hammock now, her head on my shoulder, the wind combing through her beautiful hair.

"Faye you have to tell me how you play," I said.

"I also want to know!" Lucas said.

"I'll teach you, but you have to promise me that you won't use our brilliant methods against us," Faye said, looking at Ryan, and he nodded.

"I'm gonna go inside, watch tv or something," Ryan said, getting up and walking inside.

"I'll join you," Lucas said casually, following him.

"Well this is familiar," I said, because we were on the hammock again, alone. Faye took my hand, and looked into my eyes. Her gaze was so sharp, it was like daggers, looking into my soul.

FAYE'S POV

I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him how I feel. I just couldn't bring myself to it. At least not yet. I wanted for him to hold me. For him to kiss me, and tell me everything was going to be okay. I just needed him.

But I was to scared. I was already feeling exposed, as if I was naked in the city, just naked so everyone could see my bare body.

That's why I took his hand. To know what it felt like. To see if I felt different. To see if I would break. To see if I felt the same, which I didn't. I definitely felt a difference. I didn't break. I wasn't scared. I felt relieved. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt lighter. I felt new, like a baby, I guess would feel. I felt ready to give my heart to someone, and it was difficult to realize that it was him, so I didn't tell him. I just sat there, looking at him, holding his hand. So I let go.

It wasn't happening. I knew that, Ryan knew that. My dad surely knew that, and I think Logan knows that.

Just push them aside. Push your feelings aside. Push them away. Just push them away... Just push them away.