"Did you hear the news?" Lani asked as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Demi froze for a split second but continued her task, closing the refrigerator once she took out everything that she wanted to make.

"The restraining order was approved, there's bodyguards outside, there's a bodyguard inside...I just...I can't be freaked out all of the time. Aiden doesn't deserve that. I'm trying to be normal for him," Demi breathed out as Drake nodded in understanding.

After a few beats of silence, Demi's parents came down the stairs and that's when Drake really got a  good look at Eddie and compared him to Demi. Demi didn't look like either of her parents so of course he never thought that Eddie wasn't her real father. And Demi had never mentioned it before. But Demi hadn't mentioned a lot of things and one of the reasons why their friendship worked so well was because they came to each other when they were ready. So Drake would just have to wait for her to be ready to talk to him, to really talk to him and tell him what's going on in her mind.

"Morning sweet pea," Dianna cooed, bringing Demi into her arms as Eddie joined in their little hug and kissed the top of her head. Over Dianna's shoulder, he watched Demi roll her eyes in annoyance then release a breath of relief once they pulled away.

"Since everyone's here and Aiden is still asleep, can you guys all sit down so that we can talk?" Demi asked, causing everyone to sit at the large marble island in the middle of the kitchen.

"I know you guys are worried about me and I really do appreciate all of you being here for me but, I need you guys to be normal. Not lovey dovey and overly affectionate and protective and walking on eggshells, but normal. Aiden has been through enough. I just want him to be surrounded by as much love and normalcy as possible because Trey was a constant in his life but now he's not going to be, and I know I'm going to have to explain why but...I just need everything to go back to normal. Not just for my sake, but for his too," Demi finished off.

She really didn't want to offend anyone but she was tired of everyone walking on eggshells around her and treating her as if she was broken. Was she fine? No. But she had a son to take care of, a custody trial coming up, a domestic violence trial to get through. She didn't have time to dwell on what had happened. She had to move on and the only way to do that was for things to go back to how they were, without Trey in the picture.

"We understand," Eddie spoke up first, prompting everyone else to nod in agreement except for Dianna.

"You could've died," Dianna bluntly stated, and Demi opened her mouth to argue but Dianna cut her off.

"You could've died. How many times did he almost beat you to death? And this time your son, my grandson saw you like that. But you want things to go back to normal?"

"Di..." Eddie tried to get her to stop but she wouldn't. Tears were already rolling down her wrinkled cheeks and she was a breath away from breaking down into sobs.

"There is no going back to normal, Demetria. I understand that's how you're trying to handle things, but that's not the way to do it. This is not the way to do it."

"Because you're such an expert, right?" Demi spat back, and that's when Eddie had had enough.

"Enough, Demi. Dianna," he sternly demanded as Demi scoffed.

"I'm going to check on my son. This is my house and you may not agree with the way that I'm doing things but I'm doing what I think is right. I'm sure you thought you were right back then too." Demi always had to have the final word. Especially when she was dealing with her mother.

Kehlani and Drake watched in silence as Demi wobbled to the stairs, watching her take her time walking up them until she disappeared from their sight. Drake shot Lani a questioning look, but she just shrugged and mouthed "talk to Demi." It wasn't her business to tell.