Chapter 4

I see bubbles all around me, slowly trickling up in the blue abis. I stare, mesmerized by them. I'm sinking. It hits me like a punch to the gut. I'm sinking! For how long? It had to be two minutes at least! 10 minutes without oxygen and it's 99% likely you're going to die! Five minutes is what a person can handle. That gives me three.

I kick my legs and wave my arms to push my self upward. I can see the sun rippling from below the water. It comes closer to me with ever kick.

Three, I've been under water for three minutes now. The tips of my fingers break above the top of the water. A sharp pain digs into my thighs and I scream.

I look down to see a massive shark latched onto my legs. A great white. I'm training to be a marine biologist, so it's easy to tell. I wince and urge myself not to suck in any water as the sharks jaws tighten, digging deeper into my legs. I see blood pooling around me. My blood. And tons of it. I shut my eyes to keep my head straight. I feel the shark release me so I take my chance and kick.There's no motion.

My legs are gone. I use my arms, flapping them as fast as I can. My head emerges into the air and I take in deep gulps of it. I hear my mom screaming my name but I can't respond. My left arm shoots through with pain as I'm dragged back under the water.

I reach with my right arm to punch it but I'm too short. I can't reach for his gills. I make a quick decision in my head to go for his nose, but I crumple as he tightens his grip yet again. The pains too strong. I let the blackness take over.

The next sounds I hear are shrieks from people, water lapping up into my ears, sand crunching beneath my weight, and the sound of sirens.

So this chapter is really short. I'm sorry. But it shows what happened and how exactly she is where she is. It's kind of the missing piece that y'all may have guessed by now any how. But I hope y'all liked it!? :D I'll try to post the next chapter today or tomorrow(: feel free to ask questions!(:

Oh and I dedicate this chapter to My bestie Carlos who said he wanted details(: here you go!(:

Thanks!!:D

Ps. The part about her sinking I know from my sisters experience!:0 haha we got in a little boat wreck last summer, crazy story! But were all ok:D