Chapter 5 ~ The Calvary Battle

Start from the beginning

"Wha-?! What just happened?!! THAT WAS TOO FAST FOR THE NAKED EYE!!" I panted heavily as we appeared behind Izuku and his team. "Mei? What was that just now?" Todoroki asked in shock. "Just... just a little something... I've been working on..." I said through breaths. "Please tell me... you got it" I said as I turned to look up at Todoroki and smiled in relief as he dangled it in his hand before tying it around himself. Before we knew it and before I could safely get out of the way, Izuku was on us and snatched the headband. "No!!" I growled loudly. "It's ok! He grabbed the wrong one!" Momo said as she pointed to Izuku who looked at he headband in shock. "HE GRABBED THE WRONG ONE!!" The headband read 70 and he looked absolutely crushed. "10!... 9!... 8!..." Everyone dashes towards us in the remaining ten seconds. "Everyone get your guard up!" We all stood defensively ready to attack as the teams closed in on us. "3!... 2!... 1!..." I closed my eyes as the teams were only inches away from us. "TIMES UP!!"  I heard loud thump and looked down to see Bakugou laying face first and sighed in relief.

"In first place! Team Todoroki!" I hugged Momo and high-fived a very used up Kaminari who gave me two thumbs up afterward. "In second place! Team Bakugou!" I smiled and walked over to Kirishima who was trying to calm down a very upset Bakugou and lightly tapped him on the shoulder.  He turned around and immediately and flashed a toothy smile. "Mei! What was that?! You were so fast! At one point your in front of Izuku and in less than a second, BOOM! you're behind him! An-" I cut him off and chuckled grabbing his wrists in my hands. "Just a new trick I've been working on" I say smirking. We continued to smile at each other until I looked down and realized I was still holding his wrists and blushed quickly letting them go. Kirishima blushed awkwardly too and looked at his feet as he scratched the back of his head before looking up and passed me at Todoroki and looked concerned. I turned to see Todoroki staring at his left hand in disgust and anger. "Todoroki?" I asked as I took a step toward him. He didn't answer. "Hey..." I placed my hand on his shoulder "Todoroki?" He jumped slightly before turning to look at me. "Everything ok?" I asked as I took my hand off his shoulder. "Oh yeah... I'm fine" I nodded before turning back to Kirishima and shrugging my shoulders. 'What could be up with him?'

"This is gonna be quite the competition" Kirishima nodded in agreement as we looked at the list of the top four teams. Team Todoroki, Team Bakugou, Team Shinso, and Team Midoriya. I sighed and turned to Kirishima, "well I'm going to rest a little bit before the next rounds but I'll see you then?" He nodded and smiled which I returned before turning and walking away to the exit from the field.

As I walked down the hallways, (definitely not lost or anything pfft) I heard two people speaking, I recognized the one voice being All Might and the other was very deep like his as well. I peeked around a corner and saw who the second voice belonged to, Endeavour, Todoroki's father. I quickly hid around the corner and listened, oops. All Might began to speak, "Actually I want to ask you for some tips about training the next generation." Endeavour scoffed and continued, "you think I'd tell you anything? Always with that damn happy-go-lucky attitude. Pisses me off." I frowned at the comment. "Sorry then..." All Might mumbled and there was a slight moment of silence until Endeavour continued, "know this much... I'll mold him into a hero who surpasses you" another moment of silence, "that's the only reason I created that kid" I gasped and immediately slapped my hand over my mouth. 'I have to leave or else they'll see me.' I quickly turned back the way I came and tried to make my way to the cafeteria.

I angrily began eating my soup when Bakugou sat down across from me followed by Kirishima. I continued to eat my soup with a scowl on my face and the boys stared awkwardly. I looked up at them, mouth full of soup, frowned and swallowed. "What?" I said angrily and the boys looked off in different directions. "I gotta pee" Kirishima said as he stood up. "Thanks for the info idiot" Bakugou snapped before taking a spoon full of soup. I started swirling my soup and stabbing at veggies and meats in the bowl. "Ok seriously what's got you so pissed off" Bakugou asks as he places his spoon down. I placed my spoon down as well and sighed. "Endeavour..." Bakugou cocked an eyebrow confused and I moaned annoyingly. "The bastard is a terrible father. He treats Todoroki terribly..." Bakugou shrugged, "what's so bad about him?" I furrowed my eyebrows and frowned. "He... he said he..." I shook my head in anger and clenched my fists. "He said he only created Todoroki so he could mold him into a hero that would surpass All Might." We were silent for a few seconds before I got worked up again not noticing Kirishima making his way back to the table. "He's a selfish prick." I growled and placed my head on the table closing my eyes. Kirishima looked at me with a shocked expression then looked at Bakugou. "Hormones" I glared at him before laying my head down again. "Attention! All participants in the final even please make your way to the battle field we will be starting in 15 minutes."

As we made our way to field I cleared my mind and focused on the task at hand, winning this competition. Midnight once again explained to us what event would take place. "A tournament huh? So we'll be up in that ring I see on TV every year." Kirishima said excitedly as the crowed erupted in conversation. Midnight continued with the rules. "The matchups will be decided by drawing lots." She continued on saying that everyone had a choice whether or not they wanted to participate and just as she was going to explain more a voice spoke up. "I'd like to drop out..." this coming from Ojiro. Another student dropped out, both of them coming we're on this Shinso's team. 'Something's up with that guys quirk, I'll have to watch out for him' I was lost in thought until Kirishima got my attention. "They've got the list up!" He said pointing up to the large screen. I scanned the screen looking for my name. Finally finding my name I read I was up against a Hatsume. 'She was on Midoriya's team, from the Support Department, she seemed to know what she's doing.' I sighed nervously taking deep breathes. 'I'm gonna win this!'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you all enjoyed this! I'm getting serious writers block and stuff going on so I won't be posting very often but I'll try my best to update as quick as I can! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and be sure to come back for the next one! The Tournament!