Chapter 21 ~ Hassaikai

Welcome to Chapter 21!
I deeply apologize for the long wait. I say this every time but life has been dumping a whole lot on me and I'm struggling to make time for this story.
I appreciate everyone who is still reading 💕
Enjoy this new chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mei P.O.V
I wiped the steam from the mirror as I rinsed the last of the shampoo from my hair.
I wrapped my hair in a towel and threw the second towel around myself as I began to make my way out of the bath area and into the change room.
I grabbed my phone and checked the time.
11:27
Since the incident I haven't bathed with the girls. After some protests I think they got the idea.
No one has seen the damage I had taken, except for...
I felt heat rise to my cheeks as a thought about what had happened the other night.
Kirishima.
I thought of the way his hand felt against my back, how gentle he was. And how I felt when he was holding me.
I snapped out of my thoughts as I stared in the mirror at the scars littering my body.
My soft smile turned to a cringe.
Most of the scars are covered in my day to day clothes and hero costume. Except for the few on my arm and the obvious one stretching across my face.
I've never been a fan of the turtle neck shirts until now.
I traced my fingers along the marks around my neck.
Flashbacks began to flood my head but I managed to shake them away.
I sighed and started getting dressed into my PJs before heading back to my room to try and get some sleep.

The next couple of hours consisted of constant tossing and turning.
I groaned and aggressively rubbed my eyes.
"Sleep dammit..." I muttered.
I stared at my ceiling for another 5 minutes until my phone chimed.
Looking at the message I exhaled shakily.
I grabbed my housecoat and threw it around myself as I made my way down to the common room.

I rounded the corner and was met by Midoriya, Uraraka, Tsu and Kirishima.
"You all got the message?" Midoriya asked as he looked at all of us.
We all nodded before talking about what was to come the following day.
We began to make our way back to our rooms when Kirishima put his hand on my shoulder, pulling me to the side as everyone else continued.
"You okay?" He asked seriously.
I nodded, "I'm okay. See?" I said as I raised my hands in front of our faces.
"No shaking."
Kirishima nodded, staying silent for a moment staring at the ground before looking back up to me.
"Kiri, I promise. I'm oka-"
"I'm not trying to coddle you or make you feel like you can't take care of yourself or anything. Because I know you could easily kick the shit out of me." He said with a small smirk.
I shook my head and started to speak but Kiri continued.
"I'm sorry if I am making you feel that way. But I meant what I said the other night. I'll do everything I can to make sure you never have to go through anything like that again."
We stared into each others eyes, it felt like the other night all over again.
"You don't have to apologize for anything." I said softly as I cupped his face in my hands.
I pulled his forehead to mine, "I appreciate it. Honestly."
I heard Kirishima sigh. "Thank you."
We pulled away from each other and smiled.
I felt butterflies as we stood there. I wanted so badly to tell him how I felt.
"Kiri, I-" I stopped myself.
'I shouldn't be telling him this now.' I thought.
I can't be messing with his head like this just before we're heading into this battle.
"Mei?"
I looked back up to the red head.
"L-let's win this, okay?"
It looked as if he was slightly disappointed. Like he was expecting something else.
He smiled softly and nodded.
"Let's do it."

"Come on what's the hold up? I wanna get this mission started!" Kirishima complained. "We have to wait until everyone is here Kirishima" Uraraka chimed in. I stood leaning against the wall anxiously tapping my foot. I could feel my stomach churning from anxiety.
"Mei!" I shot my head up surprised. Tsu was looking at me. "Are you alright?" She asked tilting her head.
I could feel saliva start fill in my mouth and the sweat start to form on my forehead. I nodded, "I'm good! I uh... I'm just gonna run to the washroom real quick."
Before anyone could say anything I quickly made my way to the washroom, locking the door behind me. I felt my heart start to race and my head start to spin before dropping to my knees.
I felt the sting of stomach acid coming up my throat as my breakfast made its way into the toilet.
I rested my head in my hand taking in deep breaths as I wiped my mouth. "Come on dammit!" I whispered to myself before pushing myself up to my feet.
I rinsed my face with cool water and looked in the mirror. I aggressively pressed my index finger into the glass. "You've got this."