Chapter 20-The beginning of the end

NURIEL.

The moment I saw her about kill the vampire who was lying there on the ground, I knew that it wasn't May. The AVNAR finally remembered when May remembered Elianna's Memories. I stopped her just in time...and now she's in my arms. I could only blame myself for being reckless, since when was I ever this close to Elianna? She would never give me the warmth that May has given me. Maybe it is true, that May and Elianna were two different persons with different thoughts and ideas. May had a more gentle spirit and caring character that Elianna never showed, she always hesitated when we were training, unlike Elianna who just kills and destroys. Emotions run through me, this time, I will make it right. I've decided from now on that May is an important person to me, and I won't lose her or even hand her over to anybody else---even Lukas.

"Nuriel...y-you need to stay...away...away" her voice trembles, I tried to comfort her but she pushed me with a mighty force. The AVNAR was powerful and I knew that May was trying to seal it like Elianna did before the Elders took it out of her body. Now that it's inside...with a different person... I don't know if May can survive it. She forced a smile at me while on her knees "Elianna...she never loved you but..stil...." she breathlessly says "I don't know why I still feel that she's still a competition that I can never win"

before I could reply a ray of light was covering her, I saw a familiar face, Kelhak swoop down and took the wounded woman and escaped. from the light. I saw the light burn his arms. May was still fighting the AVNAR, there was no way I could help her without lending my strength, if May fails she's going to lose her life in the process. I ran towards her and embraced her, she looked at me with a very disapproving look

"I won't lose you" I whispered.

MAY

I felt my head was going to explode with so many awful voices, it was getting louder..it wasn't friendly as it used to be

Leave me alone!

THERE'S STILL A CHANCE TO REDEEM YOURSELF, JUST LET ME TAKE OVER LIKE WE USED TO..LET ME PROTECT YOU FROM THESE MONSTERS

I have to destroy you....even though I don't want to...

the voice laughs YOU DON'T WANT TO? THAT IS A SURPRISE. YOU ATTEMPTED TO KILL ME BY TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF, DON'T TELL ME YOU WON'T DO THE SAME!!

Why are you doing this? Why did you kill all those Facades, they were sick--

I WAS BEING MANIPULATED BY SCUMS LIKE YOU, I WAS BETRAYED BY ELIANNA, I WAS PART OF HER...THAT SHE REMOVED...I WAS UNWANTED....THEY WANTED STRONG FACADES? I GAVE IT TO THEM....BUT WITH A PRICE....

AVNAR,,,, Not all people are horrible,,,I've learned to trust people...like Nuriel....

EVEN THOUGH THEY LIED TO YOU?

Once again I felt my body thrown in the air, Nuriel's hands suddenly grabbed my arm, the strange magnetic force was trying to weaken me physically. I knew AVNAR wanted to possess me...like she did before. I won't give in this time! I closed my eyes, I tried to recall how Elianna did  her rebirth incantation. I knew how she did it but I' m not sure if I could do it. I closed my eyes and counted one to ten....took a deep breath Elve Buchente Ahvalt luh AVNAR  before I could move on I felt a strange sensation on my chest

Do you really wanna banish something that's part of you? 

I have to. You've done so much AVNAR

I only did it because they told me to May, you have to understand...I did it cause I had to....

I know....I know...

And now...you want to banish me....like before....just like Elianna...

AVNAR, I won't banish you if you do something for me.

Anything May....Anything...just don't hurt me anymore.

Let's fight them together.

NURIEL

I held her tight, I didn't want to let go of her. The heat  slowly dissipates and my eyes met Lukas' eyes. It seems that he's got her friends too and the other girl must be Debra. 

"Where's that *&% that attacked me?" her friend Debra asks, I was a bit surprised by the remark. Although he's met the past Deborah but she was rather modest. "

"Is she okay?" Lukas' eyes were still glued to mine

"The AVNAR inside her has awakened, May is still fighting it, why are you here?"

"I came here for May" he replies

"No you came her for Elianna" I quickly answered without giving any thought

Lukas, the banished Prince bared his fangs at me, I retaliated. Fang to Fang, it's true that I'm no true vampire but fangs were the one of our trademarks as well. His sister, Germaina placed her hand on her brother's shoulder "Lukas, stop. We aren't here to fight with Facades!" she exclaimed

"Then what's your purpose for following us?" I asked trying to keep my cool

Germaina sighed and stepped forward "I've pretended to be May's friend for a long time and used my ability to hypnotize her including Debra that we were childhood friends. I knew that it would be a matter of time that she'll eventually find out since I'm not a healer...so I tried to  lay low and tried to keep tabs on Debra who is a Healer. I've been giving my brother information and try to steer awaty from each other to make sure no one would be suspicious...I was also the one who hypnotized Faye...sorry about that.." she continued "Our intentions are pure, we've broke free from the Royal Clan and fought alongside with the Facades, it's true that our Clan was pure evil in attacking the unsuspecting human population but we're different. We came to make sure May won't destroy the AVNAR"

"I came to make sure she does Germaine" 

"You can't, that's the only weapon you have against the Elders!" her voice calmed down " Listen to me, these Elders that betrayed you are as evil as the Clan, they have no cares for humans, they want the Facade to rule over the humans and treat them...as dogs..things! Would May want that for her friends and the other people she cared about?"

I heard May mumble, I fell silent again. Why can't I freely express my worry and concern over others? Why can't I pretend that I was human for once? Whenever I see May being helpless I feel as though I don't have enough powers to...protect her. May slowly opened her eyes, she's been laying on the ground for a while. She must have heard the conversation.

"You survived" I grinned 

I saw her smile back  "I did, I survived...." her eyes met Lukas'  " Lukas?"

"May...Debra and Gemma is safe. I didn't kidnap anyone...but I did lie. My apologies"

"You have your reasons..." she replies weakly

I saw her two friends hug her "May, how did you...I mean what did you....Actually I don't understand anything" Debra says hesitantly "But it's okay, I'll be by your side no matter what"

May's expression was somehow saddening, there was guilt and loneliness. She knew what Elianna did to her past Fiance, I wanted to punch myself for telling her that part of the truth. 

"May...did you...destroy AVNAR?" Gemma started

May glanced at my direction and then to Gemma " I didn't"

"What are you talking about? You're alive and still May Hayworth, your memory is still intact" I could hear myself saying

"Me and the AVNAR...have become friends, I need her powers...she needs my body. She's me and I am her. We cannot be seperated Nuriel..." her eyes turned gray as she says this " We will destroy the Elders." after those words, it began to rain.