The Breakup

Finn's POV:
Casandra and I have been dating for weeks, she posted a picture of us on her instagram and talks about our "relationship" on twitter constantly. And both her and I have come to regret posting about us being together online because the hate from my "fans" has Casandra in tears. I can't believe that the people who "support" me are so quick to judge and hate on an actual really amazing person. I think it bothers her so much because she has always been called beautiful, which she is, and everybody around her has only complimented and followed her. This is the first time someone has insulted her about her looks. But, things weren't the greatest between us, she was mostly only focused on herself, and we have nothing in common. She doesn't get my references and doesn't like the music i listen too, she doesn't laugh at my jokes and when she does laugh it's just at me making an ugly face or something. Am I being selfish by wanting more?
So she invited me to her house and we sat in the living room while her mom hovered over us with snacks, tissues, etc. Her mom had very strict rules when it came to Casandra and boys, apparently Casandra has had a lot of other "guy friends" over. Anyway, we were watching a 90s romantic comedy when Casandra paused it. I looked at her confused but she explained, "I wanna breakup." My mouth dropped, "What? Why?" She held my hand and said, "I can't do this anymore, all your fans hate me and call me a slut and a whore and that I am just using you for fame, I can't deal with that, and you're actually really nerdy and weird and clingy and you're not at all what I thought you would be, I thought you would be more chill since you're famous and all." Her words stung, but I fought back, "You have got to be the most superficial person I have ever met, you don't even care about me do you? You probably just wanted the title." She looked down at her hands and chipped off her finger nail polish, "Look I'm sorry okay, I thought you wouldn't be so weird, and I never understand you're tweets, and call me superficial but I think overall we're not a good match." Then, it suddenly hit me, "You're breaking up with me first so that you feel better about yourself huh?" She raised her eyebrows confused, I rolled my eyes, "Oh my god and you don't even realize you're doing it, you are breaking up with me to tell everyone that you broke "Finn Wolfhard's" heart, well tell everyone I don't care." She had tears in her eyes, "That's not the whole reason, I knew y/n liked you and I can't compete with her." I rolled my eyes again, "Don't make excuses and don't bring y/n into this, you obviously liked my name and what comes with it not me, and you obviously want me to be upset right?" She held my hand and then put her other around my neck and then gently kissed me, and I felt nothing, no spark anymore and I knew she felt it too and she replied, "I would like it very much if you acted upset at school so people know how much I mean to you." You pushed her away, "I'm not doing anything for you anymore, tell the whole world you broke up with me but honestly I'm not upset about it, I'm just glad I'm not dating someone who manipulates me anymore." Her facial expression was broken, but honestly I didn't feel that bad because I stood up for myself, "See you at school Monday." is all I said while she silently cried as I walked out of her perfect house and her perfect hallway with perfect family pictures and her perfect little life. My mom picked me up and I told her we broke up, she hugged me and drove me home. On my way home I got a notification from twitter, Casandra apparently tweeted how she broke up with me and that she was deleting her social media accounts. At least she didn't say that I was upset, but then I got another notification that y/n liked my most recent tweet and that made me feel better as Casandra's words, "you're actually really nerdy and weird and clingy and you're not at all what I thought you would be, I thought you would be more chill since you're famous and all." echoed inside my head. At least y/n understands.

Later that night Hailey face-timed me, "Hey Hailey."
"Hey shit face. I called to check up on you since Casandra broke your little heart."
I groaned, "Is that what's she telling people cause I honestly don't care about it."
"Look I'm not your therapist Wolfhard I called to tell you the real story."
"What real story?"
"What really happened between y/n and Casandra." I nodded
"ok well to start Casandra threatened y/n to avoid you so she can manipulate you into liking her at the party, so y/n was going to tell you but Casandra wouldn't let her. Then at the party you pretty much romantically sang to her like a cheesy moron and so she thought you liked her, but then Casandra saw y'all talking so she grabbed and threatened y/n again and y/n was just standing up for herself."
that line sounded familiar
"And then you made out with Casandra like a fucking idiot and it looked so gross by the way you used wayyyyy too much tongue in there buddy...but that's not the point the point is that y/n liked you a lot so she made out with that guy to heal her pain but it just made it worse, and now she still likes you but she would never go for you because you're a fucking asshole who only cares about himself and doesn't think about how other people feel, you could have made this simple by realizing y/n's feelings after hanging out with her a lot and you would have she was being so obvious about it, so grow up apologize and stop making things so fucking complicated for yourself you weird bony drama queen."
*beep* and that's when Hailey hung up, it took me a while to take that all in, her words sunk in and I realized she was right, life doesn't have to be this complicated and I was kind of being dramatic, then I thought about y/n and much of an asshole I was to her, I led her on without even knowing and she did so much for me and I just ignored her and her feelings. Then without shame I stalked y/n's adorable instagram pictures, the ones with her smiling in a floral dress and Hailey of course in a denim jacket and black dress, and one with her and her baby cousin, and one with her mom, her dog, and her. I realized she doesn't have any pictures of just herself on her instagram. Then after an hour of stalking I went to bed.
y/n really did have a pretty smile.

A Returning Love (A Finn Wolfhard Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara