Clearing Things Up

The next week was a series of awkward silences between Finn and you. He and Cassandra were the new school item and were all over Instagram. The story was that Cassandra told Finn she liked him after school the day before the party and then y/n heard and got jealous so she hooked up with a random guy to make Finn jealous after she saw him make out with Cassandra. Y/n was so mad she got her best friend to beat them up and then they both got kicked out of the party by Finn. But you knew the real story was that the day before the party Cassandra told Finn that you were only using him for fame and that she has true feelings for him, during his performance at the party he was looking at you and went to ask you about something but was interrupted by Cassandra. After seeing the way you "attacked" her he knew you didn't like him more than a friend.  So, once he found out Cassandra liked him he went for it and he has chosen to continue his relationship with Cassandra and ignore you

3 weeks. They lasted 3 weeks together. 3 weeks of being ignored, scoffed at, and gossiped about. You couldn't take it anymore the one thing you avoided most in high school was drama, and of course the only person who could drag you into a misunderstanding was Finn. After the "breakup" Finn looked fine, but he was quieter than usual. Casandra on the other hand was red faced the entire day, you couldn't tell if she was just mad at Finn or embarrassed. So you figured he broke up with her. You could hear her telling all her friends about at lunch, and Finn was sitting on the opposite side of the cafeteria all alone. Hailey was out sick today so you were sitting with some random people you sorta knew from your classes. For the past five minutes you have been staring at Finn, then you got up and sat next to him. Finn looked at you with confusion but didn't say anything. You started, "Look I know this is kinda awkward but I want to tell you the real story of what happened at the par-" "Don't..." Finn mumbled. You looked at him with a shocked expression, "What?" He finally looked up at you, "Hailey told me that you liked me." You immediately felt the heat rush to your face, you opened your mouth to speak but no words came out. "It's fine," he said, "Hailey also told me the whole story and what Casandra actually did, and I was avoiding you cause I realized how much of an asshole I am." You sighed with relief, "I don't think you're an asshole, you were just tricked by Casandra." He laughed and agreed. As you got up to leave you said, "By the way, I had a little crush on you in like 3rd grade so I'm like totally over it." He laughed, "Ok good, so things won't be so awkward from now on right?" You laughed, "Right." Then you walked away repeating the same sentence in your head, "You guys are friends. You don't like him. Don't mess this up."