The Invitation

It's been a week since Finn came back to school, and he was all you thought about. You two talked a little in the beginning of your classes, but it was hard to talk to him anywhere else. This was because he was constantly surrounded by kids taking pictures with him and asking him questions about acting and stuff. But today Finn didn't talk to you before class, he looked back at you opened his mouth to speak but then turned around quickly and started tapping his own desk with his fingertips. You were on your way to lunch with Hailey, and the crowds around Finn have died down so you managed to catch his eye. Then he motioned you to come to him. You looked at Hailey and she nodded pushing you forward. You walked towards him with your blood rushing to your cheeks and hands playing with your hair. He smiled and said, "Hey, I was trying to ask you earlier, but I was wondering if you were busy Friday night?" You shook your head, inside you were screaming, "Omg!! date? Date? DATEEE? That would explain earlier... OMG is this happening?!" He smiled at you again and put his hands in his pockets, "There is a party then and I would like you to come." "Um... I probably could, where is it?" You responded. He gave you his phone, "Put your number in, I'll let you know." You blushed even more now and said, "Oh...yea sure." Your hands shook with nervousness and excitement as you typed your number, you peeked up at Finn and his eyes quickly moved from you to the left. After thanking him and returning his phone you joined up with Hailey again at the table with the biggest smile on your face. "Omg he totally likes you!" Hailey exclaimed. You shook your head, "He probably asked a ton of other girls, and plus he asked me to come not to come WITH him, so it's not really a date." She rolled her eyes, "You're so ridiculous, he hasn't asked anyone else like that, everyone else kinda already knew and were coming anyway." "See," "that's exactly why he asked me like that, he wants more people at his party and he knew I didn't hear about it." Your eyes widened, "Omg Hailey he thinks I'm loser that doesn't get invites!" Hailey rolled her eyes again, "Do you seriously think that, what if he just asked you that to get your number?" You gave her a confused look. " Y/n think about this, it's his party, he obviously knows where it is and he could've told you just now but decided to wait so he could text it to you." You looked over at his table still surrounded with students. Finn was looking at you again, you gave a shy wave. His smile grew as he waved back, next your eyes landed on a pair of squinted green ones staring back at you. You broke away from Casandra's glare, but saw her whispering from the side of your eye. You turned your head the other way, looked at Hailey and she knew. Hailey looked at the girls, stuck her tongue out and made a fart noise loud enough for the whole cafeteria to hear. Then suddenly she yelled, "Do you think your boyfriend Finn would like you gossiping about other people like that?!" Casandra's face went pink as the cafeteria laughed even Finn himself, but afterwards he looked more confused. You smiled and laughed at your best friend. "Don't you ever worry about those bitchy girls again." You nodded, not only because you were kinda scared of her right now, but you also knew she wasn't at all lying. After 10 minutes of you and Hailey talking about random junk you shared the main reason you didn't have hope for Finn and you. "Hailey, do you see how many girls like Finn now, even if I go to his party, he won't notice me." Hailey started cracking up. "What's so funny?" You asked. She looked up, "You said IF you were going. Y/n you don't have a choice, you're going." You scoffed, "Are you kidding me? I don't have a choice? Hailey I'm gonna embarrass myself, what if I don't know what to say or do? It would just be better if I don't go." She swayed your concerns away with a wave of her hand, " You overthink way too much, don't worry invited or not I'm going and I'll help you." You laughed, "Oh I'm sorry I disrespected the social skills master." Still serious she responded, "Your foolish ways are forgiven child, don't fret the official social master of freshman parties will guide you." You rolled your eyes, "You got way to into to that see you later." Now all you wanted was for the next three school days to go by as fast as possible so it could be Friday. You went to class ignoring Casandra's mean catty looks, nothing could ruin your mood as you pictured Finn's adorable smile in your head for the rest of the day.