Part 23

Sunjin/Mi-rae POV

        After supper, the rest of the foxes returned to the comfort of their own rooms.

        "Your family isn't very sociable, are they?" Heeyoung commented.

        "They are very shy around new people" I replied.

        "The children don't seem to have a problem with it" Minwoo chuckled as he pointed to the pile of children sleeping around Hyun-shik.

        I smiled looking at them all sleeping peacefully. Then I turned to Heeyoung and Minwoo and said "I guess I should show you where you will be sleeping."

        "Don't forget what I asked earlier" Heeyoung giggled.

        "Yeah, well... I can't do that."

        "Why?" she pouted.

        "Because I don't think my sister-in-law would like that very much."

        "He's married? Why didn't you tell me that before?"

        "You never gave me the chance to!"

        We both laughed. "Well, I still want one of the best rooms!"

        "No problem!"

        I decided that I would bring them over to house that I had taken up residency in because it would be easier to get to the archives from there. "Wow!" Heeyoung squealed with excitement as we walked through the gates. "This is amazing! I love it! I can't believe you grew up here!"

        Minwoo pouted "So where will I be sleeping? The barn?"

        I chuckled "No, not the barn. The servant's quarters are not as bad as you may think." I lead them over to his room and showed it to him. "This is where you will be staying."

        "Hey, this isn't so bad!" he smiled.

        "Ya! I thought you were going to give him one of the slave rooms!"

        "This is!" I chuckled. "This is the room slaves used to sleep in."

        "I don't believe you!"

        "Heeyoung" I giggled. "The reason it doesn't look so bad is because he is the only one using it. In the past, this room would usually be shared by three to five people."

        "Can't you stick him in a room with other people then?"

        I shook my head. "This is my residence and I'm the only one who lives here. Now, come on!" I linked arms with her "I'll show you the room you'll be sleeping in." I dragged her to one the other buildings and said "This will be your room!"