Part 1

Sunjin POV

"I'm going out!" I said as I walked to the entrance.

"Be careful Sunjin!" My mother called out ot me. "The hunters have been setting up extra traps!"

"Okay mom! I will!" I smiled as I ran out of our home.

You are probably wondering why my mother was so worried about the hunter's traps. That is because we are Gumihos, or Nine Tailed Foxes if you prefer that term, and the hunters are hoping to catch us.

Why??? O_O

It is because we are 'evil' or so they say. Truth is we just have a bad reputation because a few of my cousins decided to play a little trick on the humans, but it ended badly.

What happened???

Well, the humans had been hunting us for a long time for both food and to sell our furs. Of course we understood that they were only doing it to survive; it was the natural order.

Over time we evoled and gained the ability to transform. When we first discovered this, we were very cautious when using it for fear of being discovered. Then my cousins got the 'brilliant' idea to play a joke on one of the humans.

My cousin Chohee transformed and managed to seduce one of the humans. He thought she was really beutiful and followed her into the woods in the hopes of having a little rendezvous. Unfortunately, she couldn't keep up her transformation and was discovered. He pulled out a knife and killed her for her deception. Her brother Chinho witnessed what happened to Chohee, attacked the young man and killed him.

When the Humans discovered what happened, wild stories began to spread saying that we were cursed and evil. My cousins used this as a means to 'protect us' by attacking the humans randomly. To make matters worse, they have started eating the livers or hearts of their victims. This only adds to the stories and gives the humans more reasons to hunt us. My cousins say that it is for our own protection, but I think they just like killing humans.

Thankfully, my family has never had a problem with humans. In fact, we are among the best at transforming, but we have always been cautious when doing so. Because we are so careful, the humans don't even suspect that we are foxes. All in all, aside from the normal fear of being caught, we have been able to live peacefully alongside the humans.

You want to know why we do our best to live peacefully among them instead of attacking them like our cousins???

That is because we have a grand plan.

What is it???

Okay, I'll tell you. My brother and I are currently working to earn lots of money. He has been working at a bookstore doing transcriptions while I wait tables for one of the food vendors. Once we have saved enough money, we plan to buy a large plot of land.

Why are we going to buy land???

You are really curious, aren't you???

Once we buy the land, we intend to invite all our kin to live with us. This is so that we will have a safe place for all gumihos.

Sounds like a great plan right???

Anyways, that is where I'm headed right now. My brother has been sick lately, so I've been going out alone which worries my mother even more than when he is with me. First, I will deliver his work to the bookstore and then I will go to work as well.

Honestly, my mother worries too much about the hunters and their traps. If it were up to her we would never leave our home, but my brother and I are really careful so she bites her tongue and lets us go. I can happily say that we have never been caught in one of their tra......AHHHHH!!