Chaper 7: Tired

"Karlie they stole her bear! THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!" Taylor threw her hands up frustratedly, she looked at her girlfriend who was laying in bed beside her, "I do understand, it's just-" karlie was cut off "NO YOU DONT-YOU- ugh! She's being picked on at school and nobody is there to protect her!! I- I couldn't protect her!!" Karlie sighed "You are being too hard on yourself, these things happen in schools, now we just have to talk to her teacher to sort things out" Taylor looked into Karlie's eyes "you don't understand Karlie."

"Taylor believe me I do, you love her! It's obvious, but I also know it hurts to sit back and watch people you love in pain," Karlie smirked and sat up in bed beside Taylor "BUT you can't beat up a class of children, your 25 baby... but we can find the bear and talk to her teacher... you know like adults" Taylor nodded knowing her outburst earlier about showing the bullies what she's made of was 'slightly' overboard.

"Your cute when your mad" Karlie added with an even bigger smirk. Taylor glared at her girlfriend and whined "stoppppp" Karlie wrapped her arm around Taylor "try and get some sleep Taylor, your working tomorrow" she let a yawn slip mid-sentence. With that the two were fast asleep.

**BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP** Taylor groggily turned her alarm clock off and ran her hand through her hair as she sat up. Blinking a few times she looked around, "UGH I hate mornings" she mumbled to herself and she began to get ready for her first day back in the studio after a break from everything. As she grabbed her bag she glanced at her sleeping girlfriend and smiled.  As she began to walk towards the stairs she decided to check on Riley, she slowly opened the door and peeped inside, then watched as Riley's chest rose and fell with her soft breathing.

Taylor slowly walked towards the bed, she looked down at Riley smiling softly. Taylor reached out moved some of Riley's hair from her face and planted a soft kiss on her forehead "I love you...." she whispered softly as she walked out of the room and left for work closing the door behind her.

Riley woke a hour or so later and padded downstairs in search of Taylor, "mommy?...." she walked into the kitchen and looked around, then began wandering room to room calling out for her Taylor, "mommy?- Mommy?... Tay?!....." Karlie heard her and walked downstairs to investigate, she saw Riley and smiled "Riley, your mom has gone to work, she will be back later okay?" She said softly walking towards Riley, "No!" Riley yelled stepping back, she then looked down quickly , "I want mommy...." this time her voice was quieter and more timid. Karlie sighed and sat down on the sofa, "well mommy's not here, just you and me bub,"

Riley pulled on her pyjama shirt nervously. Riley raised her gaze and  looked at where Karlie was sitting, she was "m' sowy" she stuttered out quickly. Riley chewed the sleeve of her pyjama top, cold and tired she began to walk closer but hesitated to sit and stood for a moment then climbed up and sat on the opposite side of the sofa. " you hungry?" Karlie asked softly, Riley just shook her head quietly, Karlie sighed "You have to eat baby" she got up and walked to the kitchen to make Riley some breakfast.

Once breakfast was made Karlie dished it out and brought it to Riley who was still huddled into the corner of the sofa. "Sit up honey" karlie said as she sat beside Riley, once Riley sat upright she placed the plate on her lap. A fresh stack of toast and jam.

But Riley was being stubborn and refusing to eat her breakfast. "Riley you have to eat, come on babe just four bites atleast?" Karlie was trying to bargain with her, but Riley shook her head pouting "no." Karlie sighed, "Riley!" "Not hungy" Riley huffed squirming in her seat.

Riley looked exhausted and not willing to back down Karlie sighed and reached out to stroke Riley's hair "you tired bubba?" Her hand got halfway towards her before Riley shifted away looking down. "Come on, a few bites then we can put on some boring tv and take a nap? Sound good?" Riley nodded slightly and ate a bite of the toast, "karlie?" Riley looked over at karlie "my head hurts..." "Oh sweetheart, you have a headache?" Karlie placed her hand on Riley's forehead and was surprised to feel heat, "you feel a-little warm, you sure it's just a headache?" Karlie said looking down at Riley concerned, the child nodded then pushed the plate towards karlie "I'm done" she muttered quietly rubbing her eyes, "Okay baby," Karlie moved the plate onto the coffee table and pulled the blanket from the side of the sofa wrapping it around Riley. "Get comfy honey" she chuckled as Riley snuggled into the blanket in the middle of the Sofa.

Karlie stood up taking the plate with her and took it into the kitchen and grabbed some child's pain medication and age and a
Karlie Brought the medication into the living room and sat down on the sofa next to Riley. Riley looked at the bottle of medicine in Karlie's hand. Karlie sat beside her and poured some mixture into a spoon then looked at Riley "Open your mouth" karlie said softly holding the spoon out, " take this it will help with the pain" karlie tried to be as reassuring as possible because Riley did not look like she wanted to take any medicine whatsoever. "No" Riley looked at karlie defiantly "no way!" She said a little louder. "Hey, it's just to stop your head hurting, okay!" Karlie stroked Riley's hair but Riley shifted away from the touch shrinking away. "No, no, no" she stuttered out looking down trying to bury herself in the blanket.

"Hey.." karlie smiled sadly "don't be scared, I won't hurt you. This will help with the pain I promise... you got a kloss promise okay?" She made a K trace on Riley's hand and winked, you have my promise that it's gonna taste gross" she giggled but continued "but the waters gonna help with that, butttt it's also gonna dull the pain for you... atleast so you can sleep,"

Riley looked at the palm of her hand where karlie had just traced her finger, she nodded "okay," Riley took the spoon and then swallowed the medicine, Riley then grabbed a glass of water and began chugging it down "woah!! Bubba slow down you'll make yourself sick," karlie took the glass away gently and kissed the top of Riley's head, "go on, lay down and get some rest, you will feel better when you wake up"

Karlie  on the tv and put a movie on to give the room some background noise as she began to read a book quietly sat beside Riley. Karlie was deep into her book when she felt Riley suddenly lay her head on her lap. Karlie decided not to make a big deal out of it and just slowly reached down and began to stroke Riley's hair smiling to herself.

Later Taylor walked in to find her girlfriend and daughter fast asleep on the couch. Karlie's hand still resting on Brookes head. She smiled to herself, that was her little family...