Sensual Showers (June/July 2012)

By now, many of us have read the infamous, kinky and downright naughty Fifty Shades of Grey Series. Who can't forget the steamy bath scene between the lead characters, Ana and Christian? That's a scene we all fantasize about and we can make it real with our very own Christian Greys out there. Don't have enough time for an interlude in a sexy, relaxing bath? Well, tuck the kids nice and tight in their beds, steam up the bathroom, light some candles, and get your loofah and favorite body wash ready, because it's time for a sensual shower. It's quicker than a bath, and you can have a good time standing up (or leaned up against the walls) as the water rains over you.

Start with a massage. The hot water will loosen up those tense muscles from a long day at the office or a stressful day chasing the kids. Start by lathering shampoo onto your lovers hair and working it all over their head and down to the nape of their neck with your fingertips. Be careful not to pull longer hair that may get tangled, or your sexy time could be very short lived and painful.

Next, get the body wash ready. There are a variety of different types that are specifically made for sensual showers to heighten the erotic experience. Try Druide Sensual Body and Hair Shower Gel, which is made with extracts of ginger, ylang-ylang and cinnamon, or Bath and Body Work's Jasmine Vanilla Body Wash. Both will enhance your senses all while giving a calming effect, which will be perfect for de-stressing after a long, grueling day. You do have to be relaxed to enjoy yourselves! Instead of using a loofah or washcloth, squeeze some body wash into your hands and start soaping up each other's body slowly and tantalizingly. You can even keep your bodies close and lightly touching as you are doing so; the slipperiness of the soap makes skin more sensitive, causing intense intimacy arousal. Make sure to touch, tease and massage every inch of each other while getting them clean. For extra points, place some kisses across their erogenous zones, such as the shoulders or collar bones and even lightly get into foreplay, such as caressing and bringing pleasure to certain parts of their anatomy to get it even steamier in the shower. You'll get hot from more than just the heat of the water, and the paint may start peeling off the walls.

To even further this bathing experience, erotic toy makers have waterproof vibrating massagers or special shower heads that give off pulsating spurts of water that you can use to “work out any kinks”, AND, if you are feeling even more adventurous and have plenty of time, there are plenty of positions for penetration in the shower, for instance, if you have a shower with a built-in seat in it, it is perfect for your man to sit while you straddle him forwards or backwards, whatever your preference is. You can even try the Frisky Floor Show, where you stand with your back to your man, bend over slowly and place your palms on the floor of the tub. If you are not flexibly challenged or just unable to do so, you can also use the ledge of the tub or bend your knees. Have him enter from behind and wrap his arms around your waist. This angle will will bring immense pleasure from the deep penetration.

Another fun position in the shower is to face each other and wrap your left left around your mate's waist. Have him place his right hand under your thigh to keep you steady and his other hand will be free to caress you. You and your lover with be face-to-face for passionate kissing overload. You can also lean with your back against the shower wall and wrap both of your legs around his waist for an even more daring feat. Whatever techniques or positions you try during your sensual shower, it will be ten times hotter - guaranteed - with the water trickling over your bodies.

One of the best things about a sensual shower is that if you build up a sweat, you can instantly cleanup all over again. Just remember that the shower is very slippery when wet, so make sure you have a mat on the floor of the tub to prevent slips and falls and take other necessary precautions before attempting to try any positions. If you are one to really get wild, then save the even bigger activities for outside the shower. Maybe even try getting it on on top of the bathroom sink or continue on in your bedroom or other areas of the house to prevent injury.

Who would've known getting clean has never been so fun, especially when you are getting “dirty” to do it!