Remember the Time (June/July, 2011)

Remember the Time

The plane touched down at Cairo International Airport and my week-long excursion studying Egypt began as soon as I retrieved my luggage. I took a shuttle to Cairo Pyramids, my hotel resort, admiring the breathtaking Pyramids in the not-so-far-distance. The shuttle shortly arrived at the main door of the hotel, with doormen ready to unload my bags. I stepped into the main lobby of Cairo Pyramids in awe of its beauty, like a palace for royalty, with everything dipped in gold . I checked in and was given my room key, my luggage already on its way to my temporary home.

After settling my belongings into my suite, I changed into a yellow maxi dress and made my way down to the main lobby once more to await my personal tour of Cairo. And there was Kade, waiting, dressed in khakis and a hunter green polo top,with dark features, bronze skin and athletic build. He was extremely gorgeous, and I instantly found myself intrigued with him. Kade introduced himself and proceeded in leading me around the resort, showing me the pools, laundry facilities and gym. We'd exchange glances as he told me of the Egyptian culture and of the great Pharaohs which once walked the sandy plains. I was surprised at his exceptional English, he didn't have a trace of accent, when asking Kade about it, I learned he was born in the States, but always wanted to come back to his homeland to learn more of his culture and his family's ancestry after graduating college, leading him to fill his position at the hotel. I listened intently, absorbing his story, and briefly telling him about myself. After a few hours, our eye contact progressed into into coffee together and heavier conversation about ourselves.

We joked and laughed as Kade walked me back to my hotel room that night. As I was parting ways, he extended his hand to shake hands with me, my body tingling as our hands locked together. He leaned forward, kissing my hand, and peering up at me. I shied away from looking into his exotic charcoal colored bedroom eyes as a chill came to my spine. I was always a sucker for eyes.

“See you in the morning,” he said.

To avoid looking in his eyes and melting into a puddle of mush, I nodded, focusing on his lips as he spoke, which made me swoon harder. I tried to pull my hand away but his arm remained outstretched as if he tried to hold on a little longer. I fumbled for my room key and got the door opened. I went into my room, turning on my heels to to shut the door. Kade was still standing there, intensely watching me.

“Night.” I replied, shutting the door. I pressed me back up against the door, trying to catch my breath, and feelings crept over me: lust, curiosity, desire, all rolled into one.

The next morning, I met up with Kade next part of the tour, but something wasn't right. Where we interacted yesterday, it was non-existent today, but there was always those eyes, watching me with every step. If he thought I didn't catch him watching, he was wrong, because I was doing the same. When the day ended, I went back to my room alone, and Kade's cold shoulder routine consumed my thoughts, but his eyes still held me and were the first thing I saw when I shut mine.

At the hotel bar the next afternoon, I sat next to a table of hotel staff on their break and accidentally eavesdropped on a conversation they were having. About Kade, nonetheless. Apparently, Webster / Short Stories / 3

he spoke to them about some of his “conquests” It was to explicit for my ears at first, but as I played off the fact I could hear them talk, I became very interested and my imagination started playing visions of him and I together, romancing in the desert sands of Cairo.

My thoughts were interrupted when Kade plopped down in a chair at the table of hotel staff. He noticed me sitting at the bar, and excused himself, pulling a bar stool next to me.

“Hello, beautiful American.”

“Hello yourself, Kade.”

“I'm sorry about yesterday. I was ashamed of myself and didn't know what to do.”

“Why were you ashamed?”

“Well, I thought when I returned you to your room, that you would invite me in.”

Shocked, I stood up from the table, ready to throw something at him. “That's not how we do things in America, you son of a bitch!”

Kade reached up, wrapping his fingers around my wrist, preventing me from chucking my water at him. “I'm sorry. What I meant to say is that I've never been attracted to someone as I am to you. Is that wrong?”

“You are a creep.” I hissed through a clenched jaw. “And I'm pretty sure you've said that to all your little tourist trysts.”

I freed my arm from his grasp and stormed off, without hearing his reply and headed back to my suite, slamming the door behind me. About ten minutes later, as I paced the floor, trying to calm down and debating to call his manager, a light knock rapped at me door.

I answered, meeting those dark, hypnotic eyes. “Dammit, Kade. “What the fuck do you want?”

Without speaking, he stepped past me into my room, shutting the door and pulling me into him by my waist. Without a struggle, I allowed him to brush his lips with mine, sending my heart, as well as my body, into a frenzy. And it was clear his own body was in one.

Now, let me freeze for a minute. I am not that girl who believes in love at first sight or will  screw anyone, but in my defense, something about him drove me crazy, and I wanted all it. I didn't care how long we knew each other, and I was not hesitant about letting him take complete control when I eagerly removed his clothes.

So, to continue, as it turns out, the stories I heard were as true as I fantasized about. Kade really knew a thing or two about the female anatomy and did things to me with his tongue, hands, and his other male area, that I've never felt before, all while provocative, passionate and dominating. If I was another notch in his headboard, so be it, I had no regrets.

The beginning of the end of my journey was approaching steadfast as Kade and I spent the remainder of my adventure together continuing with our tour, intertwining intimate twists within them. One of the times, took me out on a private trip to one of the pyramids, and we started getting it on under the hot desert sun and covered in sand, right against one of the great wonder's three walls while he was working my walls. We spent the last day of my trip in his apartment, secluded from the world and trying every sexual feat known to man. On that last night, after we used up all our sexual energy, we laid in his bed, cuddling as Kade filled my head with the hopes of soon returning to the States, promising to continue seeing each other. But I was sure that's what he told all the tourists.

As I boarded the plane the next morning, I took one last look at Kade, and kissed him as his continued talking of his plans. I knew I would never see him again, but would always keep him in my memory, and maybe I would come to his country again and we will cross paths again, but for now, it was a vacation that would never be forgotten.