5-I Like The Blue Ones

Start from the beginning

“Shut up!” I hiss, glaring in his direction. 

He only smirks back at me. “Make. Me.”

“Why do you insist on being so childish?”

“Me? Childish?” He snorts, the smirk never leaving his face. “All I asked you to do is go get me an ice pop. Somehow out of that you got ‘I’m Ryder’s slave.’”

“Is that what it’ll take for you to shut up? An ice pop?”

“Probably.”

“Fine.” I get out of my seat and head downstairs, passing Harvey on the way. I yank the freezer door open a little too hard and grab a random ice pop. Marching back, ice pop in hand, once I get in the door I chuck it at him. “There. Happy?” 

He opens it up to reveal a yellow ice pop. “It’s yellow,” He sulks. “I like the blue ones.”

Groaning in frustration, I sit back down in my chair, glaring murderously at him. “Eat it or I’ll shove it down your throat.”

Ryder smirks, but otherwise licks the frozen bar of juice. Harvey’s still not here yet; he’s probably hiding from us. Then I hear one of the bedroom door open, my brothers’ voices, and then door the slam shut. My eyes snap to Ryder’s, and he paused mid-lick of the ice pop. “Should I play the song?”

“Hell yes you should play the song.”

I scramble up from my seat and into the one at the computer desk. I hit play on the song. It’s not too loud that it’ll be blasting through the room, but it’s not going to be playing very softly, either. You’ll hear it a little louder than background music. Just enough volume to make them go crazy.

On the other side of the wall, you hear shuffling and cursing. Ryder starts rolling around Harvey’s bed in laughter. I crack a couple of giggles myself. “Ryder?” I ask once our laughter quiets down.

“Yeah?”

“You still didn’t tell me why you wanted to prank them in the first place.”

The last remaining smile on his face flushes down the toilet. If anything, now his face looks completely flushed and fidgety. “I told you, they were teasing me about something.”

“But what were they teasing you about, exactly?”

“Uh…you know…stuff.”

“Can you be a little bit more…specific about this stuff?”

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. “It’s nothing, alright?”

“No, it’s not nothing. If it was nothing you wouldn’t of pranked them and asked me to help you-”

“It’s nothing! Just drop it!” He growls, eyes staring a hole into the floor.

I glare at him. “I will not drop it! Just tell me! It’s not that big of a deal!”

“You sure are making a big deal out of it!”

“Because I want to know!”

“You don’t need to know!”

“Ryder!”

“Gabi!”

“Just tell me!”

He abruptly gets out of his seat on the bed and storms out the door, slamming it on the way. I lean back in my seat, shocked, and just stare at the door he just walked out of. Dramatic, much?

The door opens again, revealing Harvey. He glances at me, then into the hallway. “Why did Ryder storm into his room?”

“Because he wouldn’t tell me why we’re pranking them.”

Harvey shrugs. “Dunno. You just asked me to join in.”

“I know,” I sigh.

“Well,” He grins wickedly at me, “now that Ryder’s gone…”

I stand up, grimacing. “In your dreams, you little twerp.”