2-Minus The Monkeys Swimming About Than Yes, I Love The Pool

Start from the beginning

“Why did he do that?” I ask, eyes going back and forth between Ryder and Zach’s. 

“You’ll figure it out.”

He then leaves me alone and dives under the water. I decide to go under the tunnel and sit in there, where nobody can find me. I hoist myself on a little sitting rock. Above me, I can hear my brothers sliding down the slides every two seconds. 

“Hey babe, miss me?”

I actually groan out loud. “Look, I’m too old for you, Harvey, and you are way to young for me.”

“I’m tall for my age!” He exclaims, trying to sit taller. 

“Okay. But I don’t like you. So bye.”

“You heard the lady. Bye Harvey,” Ryder smirks, swimming in and taking a seat next to me. Harvey doesn’t leave though, so Ryder rolls his eyes and kicks him off. “Go. Take a hint.”

Muttering under his breath, he points to me. “You will be mine!” With that, he swims out of the tunnel, leaving Ryder and I alone in a dimly lit tunnel. Oh no, he’s going to murder me. Or worse.

“Why are in here?”

“Because I still have to dunk you.”

“In that case, I’m leaving-” All of a sudden, I’m pinned up against the plastic tunnel wall, him inches from my face. I told you he was going to kill me. His eyes are focused on mine, like they’re searching. The only noises you can hear are our breathing, the water trickling around, and my brothers on the slide. “What are you doing?”

“Shh, I want to try something,” He murmurs, eyes now looking down at my lips. Ignoring the fact he just ‘shhed’ me, I try squirming away from him, but that doesn’t work. He’s got me pinned down good on the stupid plastic tunnel wall. His head is coming closer to mine, oh god, he’s going to kiss me. I resort to the only other option. Taking a deep breath in, I’m ready to scream, but it dies on my tongue. His head stops moving.

He stops everything. No breathing, no blinking, no nothing.  His eyes are still staring at my lips. And then, with a whoosh of air, he’s gone, swimming out of the tunnel. I sit in the same exact position, frozen. I get my arm muscles to start working, then my legs. I don’t want to leave this tunnel because I might run into Ryder. 

Was he going to kiss me? No. I doubt it. He wouldn’t dare try to.

At least, I hope he wouldn’t dare to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve been able to avoid Ryder this whole week. I don’t know how, but it’s been pretty easy. I think he’s trying to ignore me too because he hasn’t come into my room to bother me like he normally does. To tell you the truth, it’s scaring me. And I kind of miss it.