Chapter 8

Eileen POV- I ran- Above 

"Stop it!" A scream tore from my throat as I watched Grant destroy a pillow, then curtains, then  his old vase. 

"Stop what princess?" He sneered. 

I scrambled backwards when he stalked up to me. His hand was raised. "Oh whats wrong Princess?" He smiled. "That's what you are a princess, Princess Eileen Field. The Billionaire's untouchable daughter. The woman who is supposed to be the first ever trillionaire, the woman who can destroy her enemies in a signal blow." He smirked. "Well that did not work." 

I whimpered when his lips crashed onto mine. His hands were fisted up in my hair, pulling and tugging painfully. His right hand worked its way down to my shoulder and pinched. I drew back and cried out.

"I'm not done yet, sweetheart." He came back at me. His left hand painfully groping my bottom, and his right my chest. I strained to get out of his embrace, but no matter how much I tried I couldn't. His chest was like iron and his arms were molded out of metal. I shuttered. 

"You like this don't you, you dirty little-" I cut him off by pushing him off me and kneeing him hard in his parental abilities. He probably would not be having any children, at least not by me. 

I ran. Ran as fast as I could. 

But not fast enough. He grabbed my ankle and tugged me backwards into his embrace.

"NO!" I screamed sitting up. Sweat and tears were draining from me. I tried to get out of bed to run to Nick or one of my posted body guards, but I was in such a state that I fell out of bed and onto my floor. Snowball was whimpering at my door and then it burst open.  

Please, please be Nicholas. I prayed silently

"Eileen?" A voice called into my dark room. 

"Im here." I was curled into a whimpering ball on the floor next to my bed. "Nick, I'm here."

He ran over to me  and scooped me up into his arms. His strength calmed me and I curled into him. I was a fairly tall woman at 5 foot 10 inches, but he could still lift me as though I weighed nothing. 

"Eileen, shush." He stroked my hair and sat on the edge of my bed. "Shush, you're okay." He rubbed my back as sob after sob racked my body. 

"He-he-he... was-hurting... raped... bruised..." My words were coming out in jumbled sentences and Nicholas pulled me closer. 

"Oh my poor baby." He cooed. "I am sorry. I should not have left you. I should have staid. You were my light, my life, my everything, and you have been hurt far to deeply by me and by this man who destroyed you." He started crying too. His warm tears mixed with mine. I snuggled closer and laid my vulnerabilities open. 

He cradled me like a child for a little longer as I slowly stopped crying and dried my wet eyes. He smiled softly as I looked up at him. 

"You never cease to amaze me Eileen." He whispered into my ear for only me to hear. "You have picked your self up amazingly well. Now please let me help."

"How?"

"What is his name?"

I looked out my windows. "Grant Jackson." 

"Grant? As in the Grant from University, the Grant who was the receiver from the football team and ended up going pro? That Grant?" He was getting angry. 

I nodded. The Grant who had chased after me all through college, the Grant who had become a pro football player. The Grant who I had blindly dated and not blamed. For anything. 

Nick held me closer and then tucked me back in bed. 

"Stay here. I am going to go search the area. Just to make sure."

"No." I commanded. 

"No?" He raised a brow.

"No you are going to stay with me." I patted the side of the bed next to me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nick POV

I woke to a woman's screams. Eileen's screams. I raced out of bed and grabbed a pair of sweat pants. I ran into the hall and blindly tried to find my way to Eileen's giant bedroom. 

I heard a loud thump and turned just in time. I pushed the double doors open. 

"Eileen?" I was half crazed. Where was she? If the creep of an ex had come back and hurt her-

"I am here." I heard her sobs. "Nick I am over here." 

I followed the sound of her fragile voice and found her curled in a ball on the floor next to her bed. I scooped her up and smoothed her hair back. 

"Shush. Eileen. Shush you are safe." I cradled the woman, that had stolen my heart as a child, in my arms lovingly. 

She sobbed out some words and I only picked up a few. 

Then she told me about Grant. Grant, the guy who had chased her around the U. The guy who had gotten Eileen to go out with him. The guy who had destroyed her life. 

I held her for a little while longer feeling tears streak down my face, then when we had both calmed down, I realized I had to check the area cause what if that Idiot had snuck back. 

"Eileen, stay. I am going to go. I'll be back." I tried to get her to let go of me.

"No." 

Her command stopped my movements. 

"No?" I whispered hoarsely.

"No. You are going to stay with me." She patted the side of her bed and I felt like I was going to faint. 

-------------------------------------------