FIVE

Ariana was back on her feet the moment she woke up, feeling better as ever. music blasted loudly from downstairs as she frowned a little. she quickly got herself ready and turned to get her phone, noticing a long blue box on her bedside table. she picked it up in her hands and picked up a small note.

consider this my apology,

- Klaus. 

 Ariana smirked, and opened the box. it revelled the most beautiful diamond choker, patterned in small circles that was tight around her neck.  her mouth opened widely as she picked the choker up. it was beautiful. she smiled and turn around in the mirror. after many attempts to put the choker on, she finally clipped it together, and watched as the diamonds glimmered in the light.

she turned to her chair and noticed Klaus' leather jacket against the arm, so, sneakily, she pulled the warm jacket up her arms, revelling at his familiar scent. the material of the leather was purposely crumpled up as she smiled at the clothing. she began to walk downstairs to ask what all the music was about when she met the back of the head of Klaus, waiting patiently for someone. she tiptoed quietly down the rest of the stairs and stood behind his seat, quickly wrapping her arms around his figure. he jumped slightly.

"thanks for the choker," she whispered next to his ear, he hummed happily at her actions. "and the jacket." too that he frowned. 

"what jacket?" he said calmly back to her, feeling her lips press against his long hair, turning into his full view. his eyes came to realisation. 

"you know I think I might keep it for a while." she said, brushing off the arms of the jacket as he pointed a finger at her. 

"that's my favourite one."

"well then it is truly and honour for you to trust me with it, Niklaus." she smirked as he rolled his eyes, looking at her in his oversized jacket sent a spring of excitement in him. his hand reached up and toyed with the choker against her neck, his thumb reaching up and dragging down her bottom lip. 

"diamonds look good on you. so does my jacket, annoyingly."

"well, diamonds are a girls best friend. and the jacket, well I mean. everyone looks good in their mans stuff." he raised his eyebrows at her statement. 

"your man?" she smiled widely, knowing he knew she was taking the piss. 

"what are you doing here Klaus?" stefan said, disturbing the two. 

"enjoying our stalemate. and your sisters company."

"what do you want?" stefan said, looking at Marianas neck and jacket.

"question is what do you want? my hybrids left town as you demanded, so please tell me what I need to do to get my family back." Ariana toyed with the laces on Klaus' boots as they spoke, bored. 

"Well, you see, Klaus. im not negotiating."

"and you understand that holding them indefinitely is the same thing as dropping them in the ocean?" Klaus said with a smirk, watching Ariana toy with his shoes. 

"no no, you leave mystic falls, give me a call in a few years and, we'll talk." stefan said simply. Ariana rolled her eyes at this. 

"im going to give you another chance, just one more. lets make a reasonable deal."

"or what? you make one move, and I will-" Klaus began laughing.

"yes, that's right, crazy stefan, mm. how that working out for you? any friends left? any siblings left?" Ariana got bored, stood up and left quickly before Klaus could even think about trying to get his jacket back. 

------

"Why do I have to come with?" an angry Ariana said as Klaus dragged her with him to some old house. 

"well if Damon sees that your with me, he should tell me where the fourth coffin is, which by the way I know isn't going to be there." Klaus says to her ear as she groans.

"I could literally be doing anything other than this right now."

"what, don't enjoy my company?" he speaks to her ear.

"no, I don't don't enjoy angry Damon company, or angry witches company." they entered and awaited Damons arrival. 

after around ten minutes the sounds of his shoes hitting the floor alerted the two. 

"what took you so long?" Klaus said, hand secretly telling Ariana to step out. "hiding behind your witchy friends and in squalor, no less." with that Klaus came crashing to the ground, in pain. Damon watched happily and Ariana watched in shocked bending down slowly to Klaus' level.

"insulting a bunch of dead witches, not smart. I made the exact same mistake first time I came in here." Damon said smugly.

"well you know the funny thing about the witches is that living or dead. they care about their own." more pain. "a hundred dead witches have a thousand living descendants-" even more pain. "and I have no problem, killing every last one of them, if I don't get my coffins back. as we speak, my hybrid friend is prepared to end the Bennet line." he chuckled darkly as all the pain stopped, winning the encounter. 

"why is she dragged into this?" Damon asked, pointing to Ariana who innocently held her hands up. 

"something for you to give me my fourth coffin back. I know you don't have it here. now, please, show me the coffins." Klaus said nicely.

"talk about a mood change." Ariana muttered. three coffins were finally shown to Klaus' eyes as he counted them with his fingers dramatically. 

"here we are." and with his face, he knew he was right. "where the fourth? show me!"

"well, eh, here's the thing. they cant. its not here."

"what did you do?" Klaus asked, a firm grip on Ari's arm.

"well bonnie gave me a heads up, I mean I didnt have enough time to get all four but I did have time to get one."

"I will tear you limb from limb, and only then, when you are a writhing mess of blood and flesh, will I rip your heart from your chest." Klaus says simply.

"sorry, same rules apply. leverage and all. I know you want your family back, but something tells me you want what's in that coffin a lot more." 

"well, let the leverages battle against one another, until I get the fourth coffin back I will keep your dear sister hostage." 

"oh goodie," ariana sighs tiredly. before Damon could snatch away her sister, Klaus sped off, and hybrid quickly filled the room, some taking coffins, some beating Damon to a pulp.

----

the sound of someone smacking someone else perked Ari's ear up as she opened the door to her home. 

"home sweet home! well that didnt last long, Klaus let me go the minute someone came in and got angry with him. I think its his brother or something? yeah he said to come around for dinner with you guys tonight so that was great. hello unhelpful brothers fighting over the most whiny girl ive ever met!" Ariana said happily. entering the tense scene and lighting it up. in a flash she was engulfed in a hug by Damon.

"im so sorry." he whispered. 

"hey, big bad Klaus didnt do shit, it's fine. it was only a few hours." Ariana patted his arm and walked up the stairs, ignoring an emotionless Stefan.