THIRTY-FIVE

"like, packing our bags right now?" Ariana asked, frozen in confusion. 

"our flight leaves on Wednesday." Klaus informed

"it also seems like you're running away from Silas but sure!" she teased him. he rolled his eyes at her, sending her a glare. 

"I am not."  she hummed dramatically, taking his hand and walking the two back up into their room. 

"I'm tired." she complained, climbing onto Klaus' body once he collapsed onto their bed. she curled up onto his figure. she felt him shift uncomfortably slightly, causing her too catch where his gaze settled on. her knee was slipped between his own legs, to which she giggled lightly at. 

"oh, im so sorry." she spoke dramatically, tongue dripped in sarcasm. she sat up, firmly placing herself onto his waist, to which he grunted beneath her. she kissed his lips entrancingly, before falling next to him. Klaus' hand reached for her thigh and tugged it up to his waist like usual, burying his face into her neck. Ariana felt his eyelashes flutter closed against her skin, and his breathes turn soft as they both slipped into slumber. 

----

Niklaus was awoken by the light peering through the curtains, streaking across his exposed chest and warming his skin. he turned to see Ariana, peering up at him through tired eyes, a side of her face pushed into his torso. 

"how long have you been awake?" he asked curiously, his morning voice causing butterflies to flutter in her stomach. 

"only a little while." she mumbled, pressing her lips onto Niklaus' stomach. he hummed at her action, a small smile on his lips, staring at the ceiling as she trailed her mouth up to his neck. his hand found hers lovingly, kissing her knuckles with a small smile. Klaus patted her thigh lightly, signalling for her to get up. 

after the two got ready, they began walking out of the house, hand in hand. Klaus' phone began to vibrate. 

"its Rebekah." he mumbled, pressing a kiss against Ariana's lips before answering and walking off in his own direction. Ariana made her way to the salvatore house, where she found stefan looking through a cupboard underneath all the liquor. 

"hello, brother." she announced he froze for a split second before smirking, standing up and walking over to her figure. 

"hello, Ariana." he said, wrapping his arms around her tightly. she hummed happily at the warm welcome. 

"what are you doing?" she asked, slumping onto a couch happily. 

"looking for something." he mumbled. 

"for what?" she pushed. 

"none of your business." 

"wow, I thought after all these years you'd learn not to snap at me." she spoke with a sarcastic smile on her features. Stefan sat opposite her with daring eyes.

"depends on how long you're going to do this for." he answered. 

"well, apparently not for long, me and Klaus are leaving to New Orleans on Wednesday." she informed. his head perked up at her choice of words. 

"you're leaving?" he asked. 

"yes. so at least Elena can live without paranoia." she joked with a small snicker. 

"that reminds me, what exactly did you do, to Elena?" he asked, sitting back. 

"well, I simply just beat her up. a lot. I gave her a chance to fight back but you know, she's weak. so," 

"it takes a lot of strength for a vampire to take on another when they have no humanity, they don't care for anything, so why would they resist the urge to fight you back?" Ariana frowned at her brothers words.