FSBW XXXIV (PART 1)

Madison’s POV

Just like what always happen, the elevator disappeared the moment I step outside. I don’t know how the hell that happens but only one thing I’m certain. It’s hard to escape here.

“What brought you here, Ms. Beech?” the doctor asked me that made me roll my eyes. He welcomed me with that dumb question.

“What do you think, Mister?” I asked him back with my arms crossed below my chest. He’s too stupid! Syempre kaya ako pumunta ditto dahil kay Kean. “Do you experience selective amnesia?” I asked him again, a little annoyed.

“Oh,” he stopped as if he remembers now. “You should be here because of Mr. Montrose, do you?” he asked me as if he just get what really brought me here.

I didn’t bother to answer his question instead, I asked him if I could see Kean because that is the main reason why I stop what I’ve been doing earlier and go here. He just nodded his head and lead the way. Unlike the last time, we entered a different room from the left side of the receiving area. It is the way to the room that contains capsules based on what I remember. Nothing change except the fact that it’s not the way where I last saw Kean.

“Welcome to Misery Aid Corporation main laboratory.” As if a magic word, a door appeared from somewhere. We just continue walking and unlike the last setting I’ve seen, there are no capsules in there but instead, I saw Kean lying on a bed, unconscious.

Just like the elevator, the door disappeared the moment we stepped inside the room. “A week isn’t enough to make this experiment a success.  We are in the process of making his body ready for the main operation where we would put the microchip sockets and the charging socket on the side of his arm.” He explained.

I tried to walk closer to see Kean but my nose and forehead bumped on a hard surface, a glass to be exact, making a diversion between me and Kean. “What the fuck?!” I exclaimed, pissed and hurt.

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about the glass here.” He chuckled out that made me more pissed that I almost him. “He is off limits for now because he is under observation.” He added.

My brows are frowned, making him see that I don’t understand why he’s doing this isolation.

“We just instilled him with cancer cells so he needs to be stable on where he is right now.” He said without looking at me.

Wait, did he just said cancer cells??

“Cancer cells?” I ask him, surprised with my eyes wide and brows almost made a line.

“Yes, to make this experiment a success we need to insert cancer cells on his body so that we can put the microchip sockets on his system.” He explained.

“What is the purpose of cancer cells in controlling him?” I asked, furious. “I thought you’ll just put something to him in able to control him but what’s happening?! I can’t believe you!” I can’t contain my emotions and burst out by shouting. “You are putting him in danger!” I exclaimed.

“Those cells are needed to successfully insert the microchip socket to him. The microchip socket that will put to his body later on will be the main point to control him and the main stopper of the cancer cells to multiply on his body so you don’t need to worry about his health.” He explained as if he was really sure that this will work and Kean won’t be in danger.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” I said while shaking my head.

“But that’s the only way to –“ hindi na naituloy ng doctor ang sinsabi nya dahil sa pagtunog ng cellphone ko. Z is calling me. I answer the call, didn’t bother to look at Mr. Cley to ask his permission.