Chapter Seven

I have to take pills now so instead of getting depressed, I'm getting high now. 🙂

••

We have nothing to lose and a world to see.

••

Clary's POV

Italy. I'm finally here. The Captain is staying on a hotel this whole year and he got me a room there too. The best part is that I have everything payed. The part that is not so good is that the Captain's wife - that I didn't know existed - is coming with their son - again, didn't know existed - and I have to share a room with him, while the Captain is staying with his wife. He's called Cameron and, apparently, he's my age. I'm going to meet him today.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I say as I continue organizing my closet.

"How's Italy?" Thomas asks on the other line.

"Beautiful. I mean, I just arrived but still, I saw it from the car." I say and look outside the window. The sun is setting and there was a beautiful mix of colors, the kind I would want to paint. "Tommy, facetime me! The sunset is too beautiful for you not to see." I say and he chuckles.

We facetime for about 20 minutes when he said he had to go back to shooting for his new movie.

"You better invite me to the premiere." I say and he chuckles.

"Of course, what would I do without you?" He says and we laugh. "I really need to go now. Jace is here with Aline, wish me luck, I'm gonna need it if I don't want to kill him."

"Good luck and DON'T KILL HIM! He will believe in you... eventually." I say and he nods. "And remember that I won't go to Scotland with you if you kill him." I say and he laughs. He's coming here for the last 3 months I'm here and then he promised he'd take me to Scotland with him. It's going to be amazing! Since we've met, Tommy has been like an older brother to me.

I suddenly hear the door open. A handsome guy with brown hair and brown eyes comes in.

"Hey, I'm Clary." I say and smile.

"I'm Cameron, the Captain's son. You must be the art consulter?" He asks and I nod. "Thought you'd be older. The last one looked 60, even though she said she was 40." I laugh.

"Well, don't worry. I don't lie about my age." I say and he chuckles.

"Good. So, are you enjoying Italy?" He asks.

"I haven't seen much, just from the car." I say and continue organizing. "Have you been here before?"

"Yes." He says. "But I still haven't learnt how to speak the language." 

"Me neither. I would love to, but I never got time." I say. 

A man comes in with Cameron's bags and leaves them on his side of the room. I hear my phone ring and check it.

"Your dad told me he was going to have diner out with his wife and I need to check an art gallery tomorrow." I say and Cameron nods. "He also sent me a video of a cat playing piano!" I say happily and Cameron laughs.

"You look like bff's now." He says while laughing. "Anyway, I'm going out tonight, wanna come?"

"No thanks. I'm just gonna stay in today." I say and he nods.

He changes his clothes in the bathroom and then leaves the room.

I sigh and decide to watch HIMYM on netflix. After a few episodes, I order some pizza for me and hear the door open. 

A messy haired Cameron comes inside with a pizza.

"The delivery man was outside. Can't believe you were ordering a pizza without me." He jokes and I laugh. 

"I thought you were going out." I say.

"I wasn't in the mood. What are you doing?" He asks.

"I was watching a tv show. Wanna join?" I ask and he nods.

I move a little to the side so he can sit on the bed next to me.

We watch the tv show for hours and finish the pizza. Last thing I know is that it all went black.

I wake up to my phone up to my phone ringing on the nightstand. The sun hits my eyes, making it more difficult to open them. I see Cameron laying next to me. I grab my phone and answer it, not even worrying about checking the person who's calling.

"Hello?" I say, my voice probably sounding sleepy. 

"Clary, we need to talk." The person on the other line says.

"Jace?!"

••

Why is Jace calling? Does he remember? Did he find out what Aline did? Please vote and comment your opinion! ❤️

Almost 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें