Chapter Two

Relationship status: table for one but drinks for two.

••

Jace's POV

How can one person affect so much about you? One single person just shows up and changes everything. There is also that one person that just has to change everything. For me, that person is Clary. In high school, I let her go. I thought I wasn't good enough for her - and I'm not - but so isn't that guy. Sebastian. Only his name makes my fists clench. How could I ever be friends with someone as disgusting as him.

Don't get me wrong, it's just that Sebastian is the type of person to only use girls. I was like that too and I regret that for the rest of my life.

Clary deserves better. She deserves someone who truly loves her and never leaves her. Someone who she doesn't have doubts about, who she wants to marry and doesn't get nervous about it. She deserves better.

But who am I to say that? Maybe, just maybe, Sebastian has changed. Tough I'm not sure about that.

I wish her the best. Even if I may still have feelings for her. Even if I don't like Sebastian. Even if she never realizes how much she means to me, I wish her the best and I swear on my life that if he ever hurts her, I'll kill him myself.

Clary's POV

"Izzy, everything is going to be fine! Don't worry. The models are ready and everything is going to be perfect. Now, I'll be on the front line watching the show and giving my best review to all the reporters." I say and wink. Izzy is one of the youngest fashion designers ever. She has an amazing talent!

After the amazing show, Izzy did a lot of interviews. I told her I was going out before everyone came to her. I went to a bar near by.

"Thomas, hey!" I say when I see him.

"Hey. How was the show?" He asks me.

"Amazing, as always." I say smiling. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I was just looking for someone." He says.

"Who?" I say, smirking.

"That doesn't matter." He says and I roll my eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't know. I just needed to get away from all those people." I say and he nods.

"Well, I should get going. See you later, little red." He says and waves. He calls me 'little red' because he says I'm short but the truth is that he's just really tall.

I stay on the table Thomas was in and order a drink for me. I drink for a while and then get a cab to go to the art gallery. I just stay there looking at the paintings I made. I really can't believe that my dream of having an art gallery came true.

Since college, everything has changed. Jace and I never talked again. I used to hear from Alec and Thomas that he was here to visit his grandmother but I never really had the courage to contact to him.

I wonder how things would be if I had talked to him. Would I be engaged to Sebastian? Sebastian. Why am I having second thoughts about marrying him? Should I really go on with this? I mean, he deserves someone who truly loves him and iI'm not sure I do. I really need to talk to him.

I go to my house, an apartment near my art gallery. I live with Sebastian and I really hope his home so I can talk to him.

When I was leaving the gallery, I get a call from Izzy.

"Hey, what's up?" I say when I answer the phone.

"Do you want to come over later? Raphael is out in business and I really need to talk." She says.

"I'll be there soon, I just need to do something first." I say and hang up.

"Hey, I'm home!" I say as I get in. Sebastian is there and he smiles when he sees me.

"Hey" He says and I hug him. I feel really bad for this.

"We need to talk." I say and he looks at me with a serious face.

Jace's POV

I was at a bar in Manhattan where I usually go. Thomas was there too and he comes up to me.

"Hey, I was looking for you." He says and I look at him confused.

"Why? What's up?" I ask. I sit down at a table and Thomas sits too.

"Clary. Don't mess with her. I know you both still have feelings for each other, that's obvious, but if you're going to break her heart again, stay away from her." He says.

"I didn't break her heart, we never dated. And she's with Sebastian now so how could I ever have a chance with her?" I ask.

"You broke her heart. She thought you were an amazing guy." He says. "Just don't mess with her." Thomas says. I stand up and just leave.

I see Clary come in but I decide to not go talk to her. I need time to think.

Clary's POV

After talking to Sebastian, I go over to Izzy's. I knock on the door and she opens it. I've been crying all the way here so my eyes are probably red and my makeup is ruined.

"I broke up with him." I say. She hugs me and closes the door behind her. "I don't know why it hurts so much. I was having doubts about the wedding and our relationship."

"Maybe the thought of being alone just hurts you. But don't worry, you're not alone. I'm here for you." She says and I smile. We stay all night eating ice cream and watching movies, just like we did in high school.

••

I hope you liked the chapter! Clary and Sebastian finally broke up! Is Jace going to try something with her? Please vote and comment your opinion! ❤️