Chapter 5: Backlash

Comenzar desde el principio

His head was starting to ache from thinking about it so much. He just wanted to scream and rewind so he didn't ever let Liam talk him into going to the club last night and he never would have met Harry.

But at the same time, he wasn't very fond of that idea.

Letting out a long breath he walked himself over to his bed and sat down, taking out his phone again so he could turn on some music. He had nothing else to do for the rest of the evening, and it wasn't like he could go and make plans being he had work early in the morning.

He was surprised to find that he had a text. From Harry. Already?

What did beta say? -H xx

Louis kind of found it funny how Harry couldn't remember Liam's name for more than a few minutes, so he just called him beta. If he wasn't so pissed off at his mate he'd probably find it irritating, seeing as he hates it when people refer to someone based on their status.

rnt you driving? dont txt and drive. but yeah he got all pissy w me. said mean stuff :( -L xx

He was such a child, Jeez.

It was another fifteen minutes before Louis did get another response.

dnt worry about me love, im bck home now anyway. and wht did he say?? -H xx

Louis sighed at the message, quickly sending back a reply.

long story, dnt worry tho its nothing. had a great time today :) -L xxx

Louis stood up from his bed and walked around his room, figuring he should get changed for bed if he was going to stay in his room the rest of the night. He quickly went over to his drawers to grab some pajamas and stripped down to just a pair of boxers and changed into an old t-shirt before flopping back down onto the bed.

His phone vibrated on the bedside table the moment he flopped down.

so did i love :) and im glad u did. do it again sometime? -H x

-

of course :) -L xx

The pair texted back and forth for the next hour or so, up until it hit ten at night, which was when Louis realized how early he had to wake up for work.

Need to go to bed haz. work in the morning :( ill tlk to u tmrw :) goodnight xx -L

The phone buzzed almost a minute later, and Louis opened the message.

goodnight love -H xx

Louis felt himself smile at the text before he put the phone back on his bedside table. He stood up and walked over towards the light switch, flipping it off.

Walking back over, he flopped onto his bed, burying himself under the covers. Thoughts of the day filled his head, and he was just utterly confused and overwhelmed.

Harry was... interesting. One minute he was soft and sweet, someone Louis found himself falling for. But then there were the moments when he went dark and forceful, his walls being brought back up and the dominant alpha coming out in him.

Louis just didn't get it.

He felt like those thoughts and confusions would be circling his mind for a while yet to come, but the only thing he could do right now was try to turn his mind off and get some shut eye.

He managed that rather quickly, much to his surprise, and he fell into unconsciousness with images of the beautiful alpha filling his mind.

***