Chapter 5: Backlash

Louis walked into the kitchen, looking to get some water, throat dry from walking around before with Harry. He pulled his phone out as he did so, checking the time and to see if he had any missed calls or texts.

He wasn't surprised to see that there were a few from Liam and one from Niall even that had been asking if he was okay over the course of his time out. He just deleted them, home now, and obviously safe.

He had gotten to the refrigerator and opened it to get himself a bottle of water when someone cleared his throat. Looking up from his phone, he saw three pairs of eyes watching him from the table across the room. He swallowed thickly when he noticed the scowl on Liam's face.

"Uh... hi?" he muttered out cautiously.

"Yeah Lou, hi." Liam growled. "How was getting your face sucked off by a nasty alpha?" he questioned rudely. Dani gave him a stern look.

Louis immediately got defensive. Frowning, he replied. "First off, he isn’t nasty. Second of all, he was not sucking my damn face off. It was a simple, chaste kiss. And it only lasted a second because of you."

"You've been on one date, known him for a day, and you're kissing him already?" Liam asked, ignoring Louis's other statement.

"People have one night stands Li, don’t give me that."

"I will," Liam snapped. "I warned you about Harry. He's not someone you want to be dating."

"Don’t tell me who I want to date," Louis growled. "I will date whoever I want, and you can't stop me."

Louis walked over towards the fridge, reaching in and grabbing a water bottle. He quickly took the cap off and took a sip, just wanting the conversation to end. The day had ended off on such a high note despite the slight setback; he did not need this.

"He's going to fuck you over!" Liam snapped.

Louis quickly spun around, slamming the fridge shut, fire raging in his eyes. "He will not  do that," he growled.

"Will too," Liam scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Just like he has with all of his other dates. A few shags after a few dates and then he'll leave."

"He said I was different," was the only thing Louis could think to growl out.

Liam let a snort escape him, obviously amused.

"And how many people do you think he's said that to?"

That one might have hurt a bit. Louis just rolled his eyes before storming by all of his mates, purposely bumping his shoulder against Liam's as he passed.

"Just leave me alone," he growled to the beta as he went by. He left the room and stormed into his own bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him, it echoing across the flat.

He leaned his back against the now closed door of his room. He was pissed off at how unsupportive Liam was being. Okay, it was understandable that he wanted to protect him, but he was perfectly okay of taking care of himself. He was older than the beta, for God's sake.

But just because he was an omega, he was seen as incapable of making his own decisions.

Then there was the fact that what Liam was saying about Harry was bothering him. The fact that he thought he was just going to use him and leave him. It was an understandable concern, and that was what Louis feared the most.

This whole situation was absurd. He shouldn't even be remotely involved with Harry Styles., never mind being in this deep after only a day of knowing him and one date. He was even scared of the alpha at multiple points throughout said date. Why was this all getting to him so much?