Chapter 3: Testing the Waters

Harry followed after the omega with a small run down the hall, catching up so he was directly behind him. The moment he caught up to him he placed both of hands around Louis's waist and pulled him back a bit and into his chest, causing a squeak to come out of Louis.

"Slow it down, love," Harry whispered huskily into the omega's ear. "What's the rush?"

"D-Dunno," Louis gulped, a slight sense of fear creeping up in him again. Yet he felt himself melting back into Harry's touch. "D-Didn't wanna sit there with Liam anymore, I guess."

A cheeky smirk rose on Harry's lips. He released the omega and watched as he spun around to look up at Harry, blue eyes wide. They automatically dropped down to the smirk on Harry's lips though.

"What?"

"Nothing," Harry chuckled a bit darkly. He placed his hand on Louis's lower back and began guiding him out of the building, leaving quite a few questions running through Louis's mind. "Let's just get out of here, love."

Louis felt himself nodding along with what Harry was saying, his feet carrying him towards the stairs rather than the lift, feeling like he didn't want to be that close to Harry alone yet, and be trapped while doing so.

But he guessed he had already set himself up for that when he agreed to go out with the larger alpha.

"Wh-Where are we going?" Louis asked when he pushed open the doors to the stairs. It's not like they were many floors up, living on the third floor, so it didn't look all that weird to take the stairs.

"Surprise," Harry spoke slow and deeply, and Louis didn't know whether he should melt into the voice or turn and run in fear. "You'll see."

"N-No clubs right?" Louis found himself asking.

Harry tensed a bit at the mention of a club and just the thought of taking this beautiful omega to another club. "Lou after last night why would I take you to another club so soon? Another alpha tried to take you away from me last night, and that's not okay."

"B-But... I'm not yours." Louis stuttered out. The way that Harry's head snapped up and looked at him with narrowed eyes made him realize that that may have been a mistake. He rushed to try and soften the blow. "I-I mean... you just met me. W-We aren't mated or anything, and w-we're not dating." he babbled. He hated the fact that he kept stuttering and couldn’t sound confident with what he was saying.

Harry let out a long exhale and continued walking.

"You're mine." he drawled out. It wasn't angry sounding. Just firm and commanding. "Don't think anything else. You're mine." he repeated.

Louis couldn't help the chills that shot up his spine when he heard that. He didn't know how to feel about any of this.

He decided not to question any of what he said at this point. He just swallowed the growing lump in this throat and continued to walk down the stairs.

When they reached the main floor, Harry stepped in front of the older lad, keeping his hand on the small of the omega's back in order to guide him outside in the direction of his car.

They walked in silence out the doors and down the street to where Harry parked his black Range Rover. He took out his keys and unlocked the doors before pulling open the passenger and allowing Louis to climb inside. The omega muttered a small thank you before sitting down and allowing Harry to shut the door and walk around to get into the driver's seat.

The alpha got into the vehicle and started the car. Louis watched his movements from the corner of his eye but turned away any time Harry looked in his direction.