Chapter 20: Jack

He tossed and turned most of the night, not being able to slip asleep once. He was too busy constantly worrying about the alpha in the other room, worrying so much that he got up and checked on him at least three times during the night.

Okay, maybe not checked... he just wanted to see him, and that wasn't helping him either way.

Niall never came home that night, probably crashing at his friends house, and by the time it was four in the morning Louis was finally able to slip asleep for an hour or so before he woke up once again. Not a single soul was awake, so he knew it was his mind fussing about Harry in this bedroom

This went on for the next few hours. He didn't really get more than ten minutes of sleep at a time though. The hour was his longest stretch.

He heard Liam and Dani come out into the kitchen around eight. They were trying to be quiet and he heard Liam shushing the girl informing her that Louis was still sleeping on the couch. Oh how he wished.

Louis did his best to pretend like he was asleep, wanting to avoid a conversation with Liam, but the lad came into the room and nudged his shoulder a little while later. Louis groaned internally. What was the point of being quiet if he was just going to wake him up anyway?

Keeping up his act, Louis fluttered his eyes open and looked up to meet Liam's brown gaze.

"Mornin' Lou," Liam hummed softly. "Feeling better?"

Louis didn't answer just blinked up at the beta and rolled onto his back. Liam got the hint and stood up straight.

"Dani and I are leaving for class in a few. You gonna be alright by yourself until you take him home?" he questioned. "If not I'll call Ni and have him come back here."

"M'fine," Louis huffed. "Enjoy your class."

Liam frowned but gave a small nod. "Alright... just remember, he doesn't come back here. Ever. I don't want to see or hear about him ever again. You're better off without him, Lou."

Louis bit his lip and gave the slightest of nods even if his heart was aching and he wanted to bite the beta's head off.

Liam gave a little smile and patted Louis's shoulder. "I missed you, mate," he mumbled, "I'm happy to see you come to your senses even if it hurts a bit."

And Louis really wanted to hit him and scream that it was Liam's ignorance that kept the two of them separated for the past month or so. But he stayed quiet as Liam let out one last sigh and retreated back into the kitchen.

The couple left a little while later, both telling him to call Niall or someone if he needed anything. Louis just nodded and gave a small wave as they left, shutting the front door behind them.

He let out a sigh and went to stand up once the door was shut, rubbing his hands over his face. He was still having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that this was the last time he might actually see the alpha. He didn't know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

He chose the latter of the two.

He shuffled his way down the hallway and headed for the bathroom. He knew Harry would probably need a glass of water and some aspirin to help his hangover, and he wasn't going to be that mean and not give it to him; he still cared for him anyways.

So he was quick to get the glass of water and a few pills before slowly making his way into his bedroom, quietly opening the door. He peeked in and saw a lump under the covers, just how he had seen last night, only now he knew Harry was sleeping because he could see the steady rise and fall of his chest, and also hear the snores coming out of him.