Chapter 41: Happy Birthday, Harry

Louis's laughter immediately ceased, his blue eyes going wide at the alpha's words.

"W-What?" he managed to squeak after a beat of silence.

Harry took a deep breath, green eyes glistening as he stared into the ocean blue ones across from him.

"I love you," he said once again, only louder and more sure of himself. "I really do love you, and I'm sorry it took me this fucking long to say it."

Louis just stared back at Harry, eyes so wide that Harry would have been laughing at his boyfriend if it weren't for his heart hammering in his chest. Louis still hadn’t said anything and now the alpha’s mind was on overdrive. Was this what it was like for Louis to not hear Harry say it back?

After a few seconds, a grin began to break out onto Louis's lips though, and Harry didn't even have a second before the omega's was roughly pushing his lips against Harry's own.

"I love you too," he breathed in between kisses. "So fucking much."

Harry just gripped onto Louis's hips as they kissed, knowing that he truly meant his words. He loved Louis Tomlinson, and he was lucky enough to have Louis's love for himself.

"I love you," Louis said once again, pulling back from the kiss. His eyes searched Harry's face, as if waiting to hear confirmation that he did love him back, and that he wasn't just imagining things.

"I love you too," Harry breathed, fondly smiling at the beaming grin that once again broke out onto Louis's face. "A lot," he was quick to add on.

The couple went back to kissing feverishly again, going at it for quite some time before having to break apart for air. Louis took that time to let his head fall down into the crook of Harry's neck, placing small little kisses there.

"So that's what you two talked about?" he asked quietly once his breathing went back to normal.

Harry hummed, slipping the hand that he had curled around his boyfriend's waist under his shirt and running the pads of his fingers over the soft skin on the omega's side.

"Sort of," Harry muttered. "She brought it up last night after you went to bed when she didn't hear me say 'I love you' back. Yelled at me for it, actualy," he chuckled.

Louis snorted and rolled his eyes even though Harry couldn't see.

"I didn't mind, H," Louis mumbled, voice now sounding a bit shy. "If you weren't ready to tell me that then you weren't ready. I don't want you just to say it because Gemma yelled at you and you want to make me happy. I want you to mean it."

Harry looked down at the boy curled into him. "I do mean it," he said, voice firm. "God, I love you Lou. I mean that and then some. I just... my mind was fucking with me. And even though I knew I loved you, I couldn't bring myself to admit it to your face. And you did mind Lou. Don't tell me that it didn't hurt to not hear me say it back for these past few months. Because it hurt me when I said it just now and you didn't immediately say it back within the first two seconds," Harry rambled.

Louis was quiet for a second before giving a shy shrug. "I dunno," he mumbled. "Yeah it... hurt a bit sometimes, but I didn't want to rush you. I'm fine with just having you."

"And you do have me. All of me. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere," Harry promised. "But Gemma was right. She made me realize that waiting to say it was doing nothing other than hurting the both of us. She made me say all of these... sickly and cheesy things about you and some of the stuff that came out of my mouth may have been cringe worthy, but there's no doubt that they're absolutely true. I'm gone for you Louis, and it was about time I accepted that and made sure you knew the truth. Okay? I love you, and it feels damn good to finally be able to say it."