Chapter 39: 21

They got to Gemma's small house in decent time, Harry recognizing her car as he pulled up outside it.

"Grab the bag from wherever you hid it and come on. I feel bad for making her wait," Harry mumbled.

"We were only a few minutes behind her. There's no way that she could have been here for too long," Louis muttered.

"Still," Harry said as he got out of the car. Louis went to the back door and opened it, reaching under the passenger seat to grab the small duffle bag he had packed.

"Ready?" the younger man questioned, coming up behind his boyfriend as the omega stood up and closed the door to his car.

"Mhmm," Louis responded, grabbing Harry's hand and heading towards the house.

They had just gotten to the front porch when the front door opened.

"My God, you two are so slow," Gemma teased with a grin as she stepped aside to let the pair in.

"Shut up, you," Harry shot back with a matching dimpled smirk on his face. Gemma only smiled wider as she shut the door behind them.

"They here, Gem?!" A shout came from another part of the house.

"Yeah, Ash, come in here!" she called back.

Harry immediately stood a bit taller, shoulders wide and face blank. Louis rolled his eyes and exchanged a look with Gemma. Of course he was going to have go all alpha on this poor guy.

A man walked into the room with a dimpled grin on his face that looked strangely similar to Harry's. In fact, he had a few similar features to Louis's boyfriend. His eyes were a nice green color and he had long floppy curls that framed his handsome face, though his hair was lighter than Harry's chocolate brown locks.

"You must be Harry. You look too much like Gems not to be," Ash said with a chuckle as he looked at the alpha in front of him. He offered his hand to the older lad. "Nice to meet you, mate. Gemma has told me a lot about you.”

Harry's eyebrows rose at the statement, but he ignored it and shook Ash's hand, a bit too firmly he might add. Ashton didn't seem to be deterred by it though, and Harry faintly wondered if Gemma had warned the younger man about his arrival.

"Nice to meet you too," Harry said with a swift nod, letting go of Ash's hand.

Ashton looked over next to the alpha and saw Louis, his hand interlaced with Harry's. "And you are?" he asked nicely.

His question seemed to rub Harry the wrong way though, because immediately the alpha was answering for his boyfriend. "He's Louis," he answered roughly, his grip tightening on Louis's hand. "My boyfriend."

"Yeah," Louis hummed, reaching his hand out. Ashton took it with a smile. “It’s nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine," Ashton responded with a smile.

Gemma was too busy glaring at Harry to pay attention to Ash and Louis’s introductions. She could already see how tense her brother seemed to be because of her boyfriend.

"Since we've done introductions, why don't we all go in the living room and chat for a while, yeah?" she spoke up after a second, wanting to get her brother to stop being such an overprotective brute.

"Aren't you tired from driving, love?" Ashton asked his girlfriend, walking over and wrapping an arm around her waist. Harry involuntarily growled once he saw Gemma melt into his grip, but Louis's soft hand squeeze made him back off a bit.

"I haven't seen my brother in ages. Of course I'll wait to get some rest," she said as if it was obvious before she pecked Ashton on the cheek. "Care to join us babe?"