Everything I Can't Have

I’d been awake for a while but I didn’t feel like opening my eyes. I don’t think my eyes felt like it either. I know fluorescent lights will attack once I finally “wake up”. I also knew I’d have to accept the fact that my best friends died right in front of me. I felt a tear slip through my closed lids. My name is Mya Robinson and my friends are dead. Life sucks. I opened my eyes then immediately covered them with my arm. “Fuck me,” I said irritated by the bright light.

“Language honey,” my mom said sternly looking up from a Cosmo magazine. Well she’s surprisingly calm for someone who freaks out when I trip over myself. I just groaned in response my arm still over my eyes.

“How long have I been out,” I asked.

“Three days the smoke really messed you up,” she said slurping on something. This made me super thirsty and hungry.

“Do you know how the fire started,” I looked over at her she was sipping on a Cosmo. How she got it in to the hospital… I’ll never know. My mom is known for being a heavy drinker but it’s not like I can stop her. She never listens to me.

“Electrical shortage,” she replied simply.

“Has Trent visited,” I asked her. Even though my mom doesn’t approve of my 19yr old boyfriend she never really tried stopping me from being with him. We’d been together for six months now. I’m happy when I’m with him. Brie introduced us, he was Brie's brother.

“No he’s probably planning his sister’s funeral,” she said icily. I felt my eyes stinging as I replayed Brie and Nicki’s death in my mind. “Sorry,”.

“Hi Ms. Robinson is Mya awake yet,” a chipper Princeton entered the room. He looked over at me and smiled. “Morning,” he said with a wave. Ok is he totally forgetting the fact that he’s famous and I’m not? And the fact that we don’t know each other? Wait he knows my name. How long has he been here?? He walked over to me with a bottle of orange juice. “Come to the cafeteria with me,” he asked handing me the bottle.

“Sure,” I smiled. He nodded and left the room. “Why is he here,” I asked my mother who was way past tipsy.

“He pulled you out if it wasn’t for him you’d probably be dead right now,” she slurred. She threw a bag at me. “Get pretty,” she yelled happily. I looked in the bag it was some clothes.

After I got dressed, I walked to the cafeteria where all of MB was waiting. I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks as Princeton waved me over to the table. “Hi I’m Mya,” I said while shaking hands with Prodigy, Roc, and Ray.

“We know ya name baby,” Roc said with a laugh.

“How,” I asked laughing nervously.

“This guy won’t shutup about you,” Prodigy said poking Prince in the stomach. He shoved his arm away and glared at Prod.

“Fuck you nigga,” he said punching Prodigy in the arm. Then he looked over at me and quickly said “Um I don’t cuss but if you cuss I cuss all the time fuck bitches sluts pussies and niggas BIOOOTCCH,”.

We all started laughing. “I cuss just chill okay,” I said while laughing.

“Okay cool,” he smiled. I smiled back and winked. He started laughing and I playfully punched his arm. “You’re funny,” he said punching me back.

“No you’re funny,” I punched him again. Then came the vicious cycle of “no you are” “nooo you are”.

“CEASE THIS,” Ray shouted motioning towards Prince about to punch me in the arm. Roc took Prince’s arm and put it down.

“Don’t be jelly cause you ain’t about to get no jelly,” Prod said smirking at Ray.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow,” I shook my head. “Yall some damn fools,”.

“Who you calling a fool…fool,” Prod asked narrowing his eyes.

“MYA MYA IS THAT YOU,” we all turned around to see two girls running towards us. Mya got up and ran into the girls arms.

“We were so worried,” one of them said.

“Baby are you okay,” a guy pushed the girls away from Mya and pulled her into an enormous bear hug. Waiiiiiiiit baby??? Who this nigga think he is strolling up in here calling MY Mya baby??? The fuck is this shit?!? (Calm down she isn't yours.)

“I’m fine guys,” she said pulling away from the ugly man-child. “Let me introduce you to the boys,”.

“This is Princeton, Roc, Ray, and Prodigy,” she said pointing us out.

“This is Kimberlea and Shay,” she said pointing to a girl with big glasses and braids. She was really pretty. And a girl who looked like Imani Hakim; I swear I could practically hear Prodigy drooling.

“Sup bae,” Ray said holding out his hand to Kimberlea. She shook his hand but he pulled hers in and kissed it.

“Boy you betta calm yo titties with all that mess,” Kimberlea said blushing.

“You girls are some really beautiful ladies,” Prod said looking at Shay. You could see the blush rise on her cheeks.

“Who are you,” Roc asked looking up from his phone and staring at the unnamed male.

“I’m Trent, Mya’s boyfriend. Nice to meet you guys,”.