A Old Friend and New Enemy

Octavian POV

It had to be me! It just had to be me who they decide to capture. Why are the Fates so cruel to me? Now I'm at the mercy of Greek scum. It doesn't make a difference though. I have already sent a warning that I have been captured to my love. Soon enough my handsome boyfriend will come and save me. His raven black hair glistening in the sun. I learned that they know him. One even had a little crush. I can't wait to see their faces when he comes to save me. It took him a while to prove his loyalty, but he eventually proved it. How, you ask? By throwing his pathetic greek father in the pit. A When he comes they will be sorry they messed with us. They will wish they were in the pit. Right now I need to think of a place to tell them.

??? POV

I left last night after I noticed Octavian wasn't there. He went out to search for filth. I can't believe I was one of those savages. Luckily I was found and shown the right way, the Roman way. Here's what happened.

I woke up in a store somewhere in San Francisco. It had been a month seen the greek abandoned me and my father disowned me. Three monster were chasing me, probably sent by the scum. I commanded them to stop but it didn't work. Fakes. Probably made by the gods of scum. I was running when I saw an old lady. She asked for help and pointed to a door guarded by two people. One was a girl with black with golden hair and the other was asian-looking man. I thought, 'whatever' and helped her. When we got there I put her down and turned around. There were the monsters that had been chasing me. The two guards jumped into action. Watching them fight I ran into the door, found a sword, and grabbed it. It was way better than the pen sword I had been using. It was more sophisticated. I jumped into the fight. The guy was struggling so I decapitated his monster without mercy. I did the same with the other two. All with a cold face, not telling how I felt. They looked at me like I was crazy as I walked into the space, which now I could tell was a camp of some sort. A bunch of people were gathered with their jaws dropped.

"Pick up your jaws or you'll catch flies idiots. Honestly, most of you are older than me. The only on here that looks like I can an intelligent is the skinny guy," I said as I pointed to Octavian. I thought he was cute and all that shit.

They all regained their intelligence and one stepped up.

" I am Praetor Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano, daughter of Bellona , who are you an why are you here?"

"I am Perseus Jackson, Disowned Son of Poseidon, Adopted son of Tartarus, Disappointment of the Greeks, Hero of Olympus, Defeater of Kronos, and self proclaimed roman."

They all gasped. He, this teenager, had defeated Lord Kronos. Lord Tartarus adopted him. Why did the greeks get rid of him?

"Why aren't you with the greek scum, and why are you disowned?," Octavian said. At first I thought his voice was cute and if they accept me then we could be good friends.

"Because apparently I am too roman to be a proper greek. Apparently I should running into battle without a plan or formation. They beat me black and blue for teaching the younger campers roman technique. They tie me up and torture me for sacrificing to Jupiter, Neptune, and Bellona. Throw me in Tartarus and smile as I scream. I'm lucky I don't have to call myself one of those scum anymore," I said in a sarcastic and hateful tone.

They gasp again.

"What kind of people beat and torture their own hero for teaching different technique and sacrificing to the better gods? What kind of god disowns the child who save the world because of that? The Greeks and their gods all deserve to be thrown in the deepest pits of Tartarus!"

"Yes they should!" Everyone else screamed.

"I'll tell you where they live and who their strongest people are. One of them is here right now. Come out Nico I know you're there. You still loyal to the pitiful greeks and you horrid father."

He ran up crying.

"Percy I didn't know what they did to you. I hope Will didn't do anything to you. Please tell me. Did my father do anything to you? Are you alright?"

"I am fine now Nico, but I have a question. Are you still faithful or will you join me?"

"I can't. I can't leave Will and Bianca chose rebirth so she should be arriving soon."

"If you don't join the you are the enemy. The enemy must be defeated,"I said in an emotionless tone, " The enemy broke me, left me only with hate and spite. I'm a broken puppet to the gods of the scum. What is the point of a broken puppet. They chucked me out like I was trash, for that they should be dead (heathers moment)."

They looked scared. I guess I slipped into the monsters' tongue.

"Leave scum before I kill you myself."

With that a shadow gathered and he disappeared, tears in his eyes. I looked at the crowd who had gathered. Octavian spoke at that moment.

"How do you speak the monsters' tongue."

"It is a gift from father. I can also make any monster bend to my will and transform into any type of monster."

They stare at me in awe. Then Octavian spoke.

"I am Octavian, legacy of Apollo, augur of New Rome. I volunteer to be one Perseus's guide through the camp for a year or until proven loyal. I think we will get along just fine."

Everyone gasped. It wasn't everyday Octavian was nice or welcomed a new comer, or anyone for that matter. I smiled when he said that. In a few short minutes I had developed a crush, a real one, unlike my "crush" on one Annabeth Chase. She was annoying as all get out. Not only that but I'm gay. Anyway, he volunteered to give me a tour and I felt my face heat up. I don't think he saw it because he began walking. He first brought me to the temple and sacrificed a stuffed animal to the gods. I imagined that each and everyone of them was one of my old 'friends'. What I didn't know was the last one he sacrificed was to Venus that I would return his affection. His prayer worked I guess.

"The gods have decided that you shall not only be allowed in the camp but that you shall be the Champion of Rome. You will be summoned to Olympus shortly. And with that I vanished.