Chapter Three

Sorry for the late update! I've been losing track of time lately! Anyways, I really hope everyone enjoys this chapter. :) Please vote and comment!

-------------------------

Chapter Three:

            My foot tapped against the floor impatiently as it had done many times before. I was sitting in a waiting room of the nearest hospital with James. My father called me and freaked out about Tommy and now no one was giving me any information. James tried to calm me down, but at this point, I wasn’t a person to be bothered with. I groaned as nurses took their time to walk by the waiting room. After I saw a doctor go by, I jumped out of my seat and marched over to him.

“Can you help me find out what room my brother is in since no one else in this hospital has a brain that functions properly?!” I snapped.

The doctor seemed caught off guard but he nodded quickly. James stood up and followed me as I walked behind the doctor. He caught me by the arm and spun me around. The look in his eyes calmed me down a bit.

“I’ve never seen you act so aggressively. Calm down, Marilee,” James said soothingly.

“I know, James, but I’m just scared.”

“Firstly, what is wrong with Tommy?” He asked.

“He has a really aggressive brain tumor,” I said.

James just frowned and pulled me along since we were stopped in the middle of a hallway.

“What is your brother’s name?” The doctor asked.

“Thomas Richards.”

A look flashed over his face for a moment. The doctor flashed me a fake smile and said, “Right this way, ma’am.”

The doctor opened a door and did a hand gesture signaling me to go in. I walked in with James trailing behind me. I saw Tommy lying in the hospital bed with wires and IVs stuck in him. I smiled sadly.

My mother was holding him to her chest. She kissed his forehead. My father sat in a chair in the corner far away from the hospital bed. He was typing something on his phone. He sighed and put his blazer on and put his phone in his pocket. He walked over to my mom and mumbled something into her ear. She frowned and then he walked out of the room without even bothering to speak to me. My jaw opened. I stared at my mother who had tears running down her cheeks.

“Why is he leaving?” I asked.

“Work,” She answered.

“I hate him,” I mumbled.