Chapter Two

I apologize in advance because this one is going to be shorter than the last chapter. So, this chapter doesn't really get good until the end and I'm sorry! Also, I'm sorry about late updates as well. I hope everyone enjoys this!

This chapter is dedicated to BelWatson because we're Wattpad best friends and she is super sweet and awesome. :)

Here's Chapter Two!

---------------------------------

Chapter Two:

            When I woke up in the morning, two little arms were wrapped tightly around my neck. I opened my eyes and saw Tommy clinging to me tightly. He was snoring lightly. I smiled and kissed his small forehead. I pried his arms off of me so that I could get ready to go work on the music project that was assigned to James and me.

            First, I brushed my teeth because I could not stand the awful taste in my mouth. Next I took a quick shower and wrapped a towel around myself when I was finished. I threw on some underwear and then wrapped the towel around my soaked hair. I pulled on some jean shorts and a simple floral top. When I turned to check on Tommy, he was yawning and sitting up.

“Hey Lee-lee,” He chirped.

He was always so enthusiastic in the morning.

“Hey pumpkin. Did you have a nice sleep?” I asked.

“Uh huh, I slept with you so the monsters wouldn’t get me!” He exclaimed.

“You have monsters in your room?”

“Yes, and they’ll eat me!” He said.

“Tommy, the monsters aren’t real,” I tried to reassure him.

“Yes they are. Mommy told me there are monsters everywhere… Some are even inside people,” He stated matter-of-factly.

What Tommy didn’t know was that he was absolutely correct.

“Lee-lee, is your boyfriend picking you up today?” Tommy asked.

“James isn’t my boyfriend!” I remarked.

“James and Lee-lee sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Tommy yelled at the top of his lungs.

I rolled my eyes and brushed out my hair. I would just let it air dry. I slipped on some gladiator sandals. I turned to Tommy.

“How do I look, pumpkin?” I asked him.

“You look like the most beautiful girl in the world!” He shouted.

“Thank you, sweet boy,” I said.

I took his fragile hand in mine and together we cascaded down the stairs. My mom smiled brightly from her spot on the couch.

“Good morning!” She said.

“Good morning.”

“Where are you headed off to honey?” My mother asked.

“Lee-lee’s boyfriend is picking her up today,” Tommy chirped.

My mom’s eyes widened as she analyzed my outfit up and down.

“Marilee, you didn’t tell me you had a boyfriend…”