5

It'd been about a week since Chase and Skye were out 'hunting'. So far, Chase showed no signs of telling his father about him and Skye. Deep down, he didn't want to risk disappointing him. Unfortunately, for her sake, Skye needed him to tell his father. Soon.

She was currently with Everest and Rocky within the shade of Everest and Marshall's cave. Two pups bounded around outside and playfully wrestled with each other.
"Bella, Tammy, be careful." Everest warned, turning back to her friends who were laughing at the pups.
"I love them but they can be a handful." She smiled.
"Do you ever think about it? Like did you ever want pups?" Skye looked at Rocky.
"Yeah. Sometimes I do want pups but...well you know I'm not into females. It's just one of those things that I guess wasn't in the stars." Rocky sighed. "On the plus side, being a Gamma, I help watch the pups so I get my fix." He smiled, making the girls laugh.
"Has anybody heard from Chase recently?" Everest said. "He's been very...well he's kept to himself a lot this week."
Skye smirked as her mind drifted.
He hasn't kept entirely to himself. I was only with him the other night by the creek again when he-
"Skye!" Rocky yelled into her ear.
"Youch! Hey!"
"Sorry you were in a world of your own there."
"Sorry. Anyway last I heard, he was on todays hunt with Marshall and Zuma."
"That explains it." Everest nodded. "They should be back soon."
"Do you think Chase'll come by?" Skye asked a little too happily.
"Hmm I dunno." Rocky shrugged. As soon as he spoke, Marshall and Chase appeared at the cave entrance.
"Hi guys." Marshall greeted.
"Hello." The others replied
"Hi Chase." Skye smiled, her tail wagging.
"Hi." He mumbled, looking down.
"You Okay alpha?" Everest asked.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine."
"Chasey!" Sweetie yelled from across the territory.
"Gotta go." He scampered off nervously. The others watched after him.

"From what I hear, Chase isn't exactly happy." Marshall sighed, laying with his mate.
"With Sweetie? Can't say I blame him. We need him to get with someone else." Rocky sighed.
"Skye hurry it up." Everest quipped. "We have one week to find him another mate. But one wrong move and he'll snap."
"Great. I can't tell him yet." Skye grumbled.
The Beta pair and Rocky looked at her. "Tell him what?" Everest asked.
"Hmm."
"You said you couldn't tell him yet. Tell him what?" Marshall asked. There was zero point in hiding it. Others would find out soon.
Skye sighed. "I'm pregnant." The others started at her. "With Chase."