Darker Than Love | 44

Start from the beginning

"Y-you didn't have to kill her, you d-didn't. Y-you're just a narcissistic prick w-who didn't wanna get caught so instead you m-murdered your child! Your CHILD!? What- I- I don't even, I can't-" I broke down once again and for a moment I couldn't breathe as I desperately gasped for air, trying to grasp onto any hope of catching it in my lungs.

"Oh you have it all wrong, Kaleb killed her. Yeah, I was behind it but he did the act. I couldn't get my hands dirty, Michelle, c'mon. Thirty-six times, impressive huh? Believe me, I wanted her to grow up and be successful, just like you Michelle, but she ruined it and you ruined your chance too."

"So much f-for I love you, Michelle, I-I didn't hurt her I swear, fucking psychopaths, there's a special place in hell for both of you. And all of this f-for what? Because I didn't live up t-to your expectations and became th-the good girl Deborah wasn't? Because I was going down t-the wrong path, y-you're gonna kill me for that?"

He tutted softly, his head shaking slowly as he stared down at me, an unreadable expression on his face. Who was this man? This isn't my father. This is the man who slapped me across the face with no hesitation.

The man who murdered his daughter. The man who all this time was a freaking kingpin, running everything illegal in this town, right under our noses. A man hungry for success. A man who didn't know the definition of love and empathy.

"It's not just wanting you to go in the right direction. Being involved with Mason and Kaleb would have eventually led you to me and I'd have to kill you either way. I gave you a chance to move on when I made Mason end things with you but then you fell into Kaleb's trap which showed me that whenever an unstable boy comes your way you'll fall right into his hands.

You'll continue going down this dark path which will lead you to a life of crime that will lead you to me! I am the kingpin of DC Michelle, we would have crossed paths. I am your father, I ant wants best for you, I don't want my daughter in prison or selling drugs on the streets.

So I can't have a failure out there. People know who you are because I'm your father, and people will kill you because you are my daughter. Indoors, safe and sound doing what you're supposed to do, I know you're safe. But on the streets with Mason or Kaleb? Well, I might as well kill you myself."

So his reason for wanting to murder me is because he doesn't want me to be like him and find out who he is!? Because he can't cope with me being who I want to be!? Normal parents send their kids to boarding school, boot camp, anything to set them straight!

But he opts to kill me?

At the moment I didn't even care about myself, all I could think about was her. And all those sleepless nights reliving that memory implanted into my head for the rest of my life. If I was bad before that, it definitely made me worse, and it was his fault.

It's his fault I'm messed up, and that angered me.

"YOU DESERVE TO ROT IN HELL! Do you know w-what it felt like t-to beg my half d-dead sister to stay alive just for o-one moment! Just to hang o-on for one last breath!? Do you know what i-it was like finding her body!? I was- I'm traumatized to this day! Riddled with nightmares from that day!

You don't deserve to be called a father! Y-you deserve to die, to suffer! I Hate you, I FUCKING HATE YOU! Y-YOU TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME, Y-you t-took everything away from me you a-asshole and then you make i-it seem like I- like I messed my own life!? YOU DID THIS! WHY!? WHY DADDY . . .why? What did she ever do t-than be a loving daughter- what did she do to deserve this!?