epilogue

Years pass, and here we are present day. Laurance and I had gotten married, a day I had looked forward to since his proposal.

Not too long after, I had become pregnant with our first child Amber. Four years later, I had become pregnant yet again with another child. We named him Ryder, and time skip some years until you reach the present.

As I sit on the couch watching the news I continue to wait for Ryder and Amber to come home. Laurance is in the kitchen cooking, something I don't feel like doing today, snacks for when they come home.

Amber knows about my past, and Ryder only knows about my adoption.

Laurance walks out into the living room and places a plate on the table. He sits down next to me and laces his arm around my shoulder.

"We have a few minutes until they get home. What do you want to do in the mean time?" Laurance asks as he leans in closer to me. His voice is lower, and I roll my eyes pushing him away from me with my finger.

"Obviously not what you're thinking."

As if on que, Amber slames the door open and storms in.

"Ugh, he's so stupid!"

I turn to Laurance. "She must be talking about you."

He laughs claiming that my joke is 'very funny.'

"Who's stupid this time?" He asks.

"Mr. Cadence! He paired me up in some stupid two week project with a dude that doesn't even come to class! Just my luck today though, he came to today's class, and I'm still stuck with him as a partner!"

"That old bat still work there?"

I slap Laurance's arm.

"You'd be surprised Amber. That's how your father and I met," I say. "Besides, it's probably not even that bad."

"It's worse!"

She storms off, and here I am wondering where the hell Ryder is.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Amber walks inside and directly towards her room. A boy follows in lost, and I ignore Laurance's comments of me needing to leave him alone and that I look creepy. This kid's walking around in my house. What else would I do?

"Who the hell are you?"

My swearing problem has been fixed a little bit. Not a lot.

He looks at me. "Adrian Lycan. Listen lady, I don't want to do this fucking project either. Amber walked away from me, and I just want to get to her damn room to finish this project."

A Lycan? Wow, I thought Aphmau would at least raise her child to not be a complete asshole.

"Upstairs. First door to the left. Remember, I will kill you if you do anything stupid. I hope you know how to climb out of a window."

Adrian leaves to up the stairs, and I can hear Laurance walk forward to me.

"There's the old Y/N I did our project with," he kisses my cheek. "And the same Y/N I fell in love with."

"You're sleeping on the couch tonight," I reply walking away.

"What wha—no! Babe wait! I worded that wrong!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Ryder sits on the floor in front of the living room table reading a book. Surprisingly, may I add. Myself on the other hand is still watching TV with all the knives in the house hidden.

A knock on the door is heard, and Laurance gets up to open it. I hear more footsteps walking closer to me.

That's until I hear a certain voice. "I ran into Liam the other day. It was weird as fuck."

"Alex, the children have ears."

"Well no shit dumbass."

She jumps onto the couch next to me, and Ryder disappears into his room with Tristan. As of Paris, I honestly have no idea where she went.

The four of us catch up, and I'm told of their newest travel experience. All goes well until I can hear yelling coming all the way from Amber's room.

"I'M FUCKING DONE WITH THIS DAMN PROJECT!"

"YOU THINK I WANT TO DO THIS?! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

"NO!"

"UGH!"

"Shouldn't you go see what's happening?" Vylad turns to us.

Ha, that's funny. He thinks we actaully give a fuck about what happens at the current moment concerning our children.

As if I invited people over, which I didn't, more knocking is heard at the door.

Laurance answers it again, he sounds like the stereotypical mom at the current moment, and in comes Aphmau and and Aaron Lycan with little Sarah hanging onto Aphmau's hand.

"We're here for—" Aaron is cut off by more yelling.

"I'M FUCKING LEAVING!"

"FINALLY!"

Adrian storms down the stairs and freezes when he see his parents. Aphmau sighs, and Aaron shakes his head while grabbing onto Adrian's arm and walks out the door.

"Remember when that happened to us years ago?" Laurance nudges my shoulder.

"Yeah," I bite my lip. "I was too good for you. Still am."

That's when he sits on my back.