chapter eight

I never knew that Homecoming was such a big deal. All throughout the sleepover last night Aphmau and the other girls continually made a big deal about it. Then again they are girls, freshman girls nonetheless, but they're annoying as all hell.

I'm beginning to wonder if Laurance was trying to kill me by sending me off to Aphmau's. But guess what Laurance, it didn't work!

I'm currently trying to walk through the halls of Phoenix Drop High in a short little dress and the most horrendous high heels. How do people even walk in these?

Laurance looks down at me and notices my pathetic attemps at walking in these death traps.

"You can hold onto my arm, you know," he chuckles.

I stop walking and now I'm tentaive about taking the heels off or not. I end up keeping them on.

Sarcasm finds its way into my voice as I glare at Laurance. "You really think I wanna hold onto your wannabe bicep? If so, you're sadly mistaken buddy." It appears that my words seem to hurt him a little bit, and I begin to bite my bottom lip. "Stop pouting and let's just go inside already. . ."

I look inside to see a dark room and party lights bouncing off the walls. Extremely loud music travels its way into my ears, and I hiss once a bright light shines into my eyes blinding me for a good minute. Damn. . . This is considered 'fun' to some people?

Laurance begins to drag me towards 'his people' and tells me to be nice. I don't know what he's talking about though. I'm a little ray of sunshine.

"Hey broooooooooo," Liam, the guy that I still can't believe isn't named Luke, gives Laurnace a bro hug. I have never understood the entire 'bro hug' thing, nor do I understand how the dance hasn't even been going for ten minutes and this dude is already acting like he's drunk. There's not even a hint of alcohol in his breath, so this quite stimulating in my opinion. There's a first time for everything I suppose.

Laurance groans at the sudden close contact Liam's arm has made around his shoulder, and it reminds me of a scene of a sober friend annoyed with their drunk best friend. And that's when Aphmau walks over and stands next to Liam.

"Ugh Liam, don't touch me," Laurance groans and I watch as Liam let's go of Laurance standing back in his original position. Laurance takes notice of Aphmau's sudden appearance and he smiles a small smile at her as he gives her a light wave. "Hello beautiful."

A sudden wave of pink rises to her cheeks as she squeaks out a greeting for Laurance and I both. I feel like I'm behaving because Laurance hasn't yelled at me yet.

I look over to see the Shadow Knights quietly sneak into the room unnoticed and I break away from Laurance to hang out with them.

Diana loves the idea of homecoming, and the fact that I have a date for it. She loves it so much that once Laurance arrived, she ushered me to take pictures and out the door we went.

She even became a full on doctor when I claimed I was sick this morning so I wouldn't have to go to the dance today. She's a real life doctor, and I totally forgot that she'd see through my little white lie. Let's just say a quick temperature check and a bowl of soup was the only sympathy I received this morning.

I finally make it over to watch Zenix try to get Sasha to dance as she tells him to shut up while she goes on her phone. Gene smirks when he sees me.

"So you are a girl," He says and I can even hear Zenix laugh.

I forge that I'm hurt by placing my hand on my chest and gasping dramatically. "Are you assuming my gender?"

Him & I by Halsey begins to play, and I smile because I enjoy her music.