chapter ten

I've said before about how I dread this project and anything that is an acquaintance with it, but it's not so much like that now. In fact a little piece of me will even miss having out with him, but only when he's not being the stupid side of himself. Which may I add is almost all the time.

It's Friday and the final day of this entire thing. For the past two weeks he has somehow found his way into my life, and so much has changed in the process. I never knew that two weeks could be such a short amount of time, but now I know not to take it for granted. Damn, now I wish that I knew this a lot sooner. . .

There's another football game tonight, and with that said I am now forced, even though it wasn't so much as forced this time, to wear Laurance's jersey. It's still big on me, but I suppose that's alright. Being labeled 'Laurance's Girl' isn't alright however, and I am completely determined to find whoever started this so I can beat their ass.

Don't mess with me. I may not currently be hanging out with the Shadow Knights, but that doesn't mean I can't handle myself. I can fight my own battles you know.

"There's a math test today," Alex says as we walk down the hallway.

Shit, I'm no way in hell ready for it. I don't even know what we're learning? Algebra? Geometry? Biology? Wait. . . that's science. . .

"A math test? That's gotta suck!" Laurance snickers.

"I'm fucked big time. . ." Alex looks up. "Wait a minute, you have a quiz in math today dumbass."

"Shit. . ."

Whoever said that these two don't swear is lying. Whoever said that I followed the rules is lying. Whoever said that I like people is lying.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"I have decided to be the best teacher ever and give you all the class period to work on your paper. Don't make me regret doing so."

Best teacher my ass.

While other people start working on their project, I'm just sitting in my desk staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of me. What am I supposed to put down? Am I supposed to say how the entire time I did this project I was stubborn, didn't want to do it, few things happened, and that I have mixed emotions on him now? That's exactly what I want to write and what people want to read.

There's a tapping on my shoulder, and I look over to see that it was Laurance. He points to Mr. Candace, and right away I knew that I was screwed.

"Miss. L/N, why aren't you working on your paper?"

"Because I find it extremely stupid and don't want to."

He sighs, "You do know why I partnered you two up, correct?" Does it look like I do?  "I've seen what happens in this school, and I've seen who normally hangs outs with who. I know how each and everyone of you work together, and once I saw that both you and Laurance were in this class; my expectations sky rocketed. Now it was out of plain luck that you just so happened to come to class that day, but either way I was going to force you to come to class anyway. I know of what you and Laurance thought of each other before, but I didn't know the details. I only knew about the tension, but now this paper will not only help myself, but you and Laurance both. Don't let me down. You may be excused."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Skipping class on a Monday morning wouldn't be normal for most people, but it's the exact opposite for me. At least, that's what I thought two weeks ago. Now it just feels strange. For once I actually want to go to my morning classes, and it's all because of him.