Falling

"Ooooh. Me head." Niall moaned as he sat up. Zayn quickly rushed to his side, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Niall winced. "What happened?"

"You passed out!

"I did? I don't even remember it."

"Here, Niall." Paul smiled, pressing an ice pack to Niall's head. He was bruised and it was turning red, purple, and blue. "Ehh. Thanks, mate." 

"Are you alright?" Liam asked, "I'm so sorry I snapped at you like that! I shouldn't have! I feel so bad for it!" 

"Calm your tits. It's fine." Niall grunted as he sat up against the backboard of his bed, "Can someone call my Mum?"

"Done!" Louis beamed.

"Is she disappointed?"

"Nope." Harry laughed.

Niall squinted then Maura entered the room, "Ahhh Mum!" he grinned, "Wait. How long was I out?'

"Five hours." Zayn answered. 

"Are you serious?" he muttered.

             "Baby! Oh my baby!" Maura frowned as she wrapped her arms around Niall's limp body. He quickly hugged her and took in her perfume, "You smell good, Mum." he smiled. 

"Well, Mum will be here for the rest of the week to take care of you. I won't leave until you tell me to."

"I like that." Niall grinned.

"What about your vacation though? After you fainted, I really think you need one now." Liam fretted.

"Ah. I don't wanna leave you guys." Niall smiled. Maura patted his hand, "Hungry?"

"Of course!" 

"Okay, Mum will make you some soup! You need some to get yourself feeling better. You just relax alright?"

"Thank you, Mum." Niall smiled then kissed her cheek. 

               Everyone left the room except Zayn and Paul. They were staring at one another, "I'll stay with him." Zayn pressed.

"I think I should." Paul replied.

"Let's let Nialler decide then."

"Bradford Bad Boy." Niall grinned, "Sorry, Pauly-H."

"It's fine." Paul sighed, "Give me a chance to read People Magazine." 

                "That's awkward." Niall laughed when Paul shut the door. Zayn curled up next to him, "You hit hard."

"I feel fine. Who called my mum?"

"I did." he smiled. 

"Thank you. You don't know how much that means to me."

"I understand. Trust me." Zayn squeezed Niall's arm and kissed his jaw, "I feel like you got hurt because of me though."

"No, Zayn. Don't think that, dude." 

"I can't help but think that. I mean, I had you outside drinking and you were tired."

"I'm in a band called One Direction. Saying the phrase will make you tired." Niall grinned then kissed him again, "Love ya', Zayn."

"Love you too, Niall." Zayn gave him a gentle hug and stayed by his side all night long. He never left. Not for anything.

             When it was morning, Maura and Paul cooked breakfast for the boys. "No! You're doing it wrong!" Maura screeched. Paul sighed, "Women."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing, Ms. Horan. I'm sorry." 

"Mhmm. And by the way, I'm not Ms. Horan anymore. I got married." 

"Ah, you'll always be Mama Horan to us!" Louis sang as he entered the kitchen with Harry and Liam.  Smiling, Maura handed him a plate, "Eat up, boys." 

"Thank you." they all said together then Niall came down.

"Where's Bradford Bad Boy?" Louis giggled.

"Doing his hair." Niall grinned then kissed Maura's cheek, "Thanks, Mum....and Paul?"

"All he did was make a mess of things!" Maura smacked him with a towel. Laughing loudly, Niall nodded in agreement, "He usually does." 

              After eating, the boys went to rehearsal. "Alright. Let's do another world!" Paul blew his whistle. "Apparently we're football players." Niall muttered to Harry then got ready for his part. Zayn thought it was so hot how Niall held the "iiiiii". However, in the middle of Zayn's part, he got ready for his solo again, and stumbled off the stage, falling, and hitting his head once again. "Oh for God sake's, Niall!" Louis wailed. 

"Is he hurt?! Oh my goodness! Call 911!" Paul shrieked. Zayn jumped off the stage and helped Niall up, "You need to get to the doctor!" he gripped his shoulders and gently took him, "I know." Niall blinked away the bluriness. "Thank God! He's alive!" Paul heaved, "I can't breathe....oh my...."

"Paul, calm down!" Harry exclaimed, "He's fine! He just passed out again!" 

Liam went to the bathroom, wet a warm cloth, and gently pressed it to Niall's head. "Oooh. What's wrong with me?" Niall winced. 

                At the hospital, Niall was poking around with things. They had given him some pain medication and he was high now. Giggling, he reached for the IV bag--the doctor thought he may have been dyhdrated. "Niall!" Paul scolded. Laughing, Zayn pulled Niall's arm back, "Calm down, you."

"I'm soooooo hyperrrrrr."

"I can tell." 

Sighing, Paul scratched the back of his sweaty neck. When the doctor came in, he turned to Paul, and groaned, "There are hundreds of girls out there screaming in my ear. Anyway, Niall is stressed. That is why he keeps passing out. He needs a vacation."

"We just took one though." Niall pointed out.

"Take another. A longer one. I don't want you performing anytime soon, young man. You need rest."