Mama Horan

Note: In my last book I realized I spelled Niall's mother's name wrong. I apologize for that and the correct spelling is in this book :) I also didn't realize his parents were divorced. I apologize for that. I think this chapter is pretty good lol leave me feedback? Thanks! x

          "Mum?!" Niall screeched when he saw her standing in his room. "What do you think you're doing young man?!"

"Sleeping?"

Maura sat down and sighed, "Look. We need to talk about a few things."

"Okay." Niall mumbled as he reached for his beer. She smacked his hand away, "Liam called me."

"Damn it!" Niall shouted.

 "Niall James Horan!" Maura scolded then shook her head. She stood up, left the room, and stayed gone several moments. 

"What the hell are you going to do with my bloody soap?!" Niall heard Louis wail. His eyes widened, "Mum! Mum, nooooo!" he groaned. 

"Open your mouth!" Maura shouted. She was scary. "I'm nineteen....almost. You can't make me--" she slammed the bar of soap into his mouth. Gagging, he nearly threw up at the taste of peaches and cream. 

             "Learned your lesson?"

"Yes, ma'am." he muttered while holding onto his stomach. Sighing, she tossed the soap down, and dusted her hands off, "We need to talk about your sexuality."

Niall's eyes widened, "My what?"

"Liam explained something to me that I thought was very odd."

"Mum, you got on a plane and came here just to talk to me about that? I'm a man. I can handle my own life."

Sighing, Maura shook her head, "Shut up."

"What!" 

"I SAID SHUT THE HELL UP! LISTEN TO MAMA!"

With his mouth hanging open, Niall quickly sat back on the bed. He was only in boxers and it was a bit awkward. 

            As she cleared her throat, Maura adjusted her top, "Now who's Mama's baby?"

Smiling, Niall laughed, "Me."

"Okay. Mum is going to take you out and we're going to have a long talk about things."

"But I have rehearsals."

"Don't worry, sweetie. Mum paid Paul off."

             Ever since Niall's parents divorced, Niall felt that he should be around his mother 24-7 until she finally told him to leave her alone. She was blunt like that. She wanted to take him out for breakfast. He threw on his snapback, sweats, sneakers, and a t-shirt. "I'm ready." he sighed. She was staring at him.

"What?" he winced. She licked her thumb and wiped it onto his face. "Mummmmm!" he groaned. "Well, I'm not the one who's dressed like they've just rolled out of bed."

"Well, I have just rolled out of bed."

"You need to explain to me what trouble you're in. We'll do that over breakfast. Hmm?" she nodded and grabbed him by the ear. "MUM!" he screeched. 

             While eating, Niall felt his mum staring at him. He tried to just keep eating. She was used to that. He would eat instead of talk. That was "Normal Niall". However, she snatched his fork. "What's going on, Niall? What kind of trouble are you in?" she whispered. As he took in a deep breath, he shrugged, "I went out with a mate the other day...."

"NIALL! OH MY GOD! IT'S NIALL HORAN!" some fans screamed. "Thank God." Niall grinned. He stood up but Maura yanked him down. "Ignore them."

"I can't, Mum."

"Ignore them."

"I can't!" he shouted. 

"Fine. I'll just tell the boys about your dream about Harry's mum."

"You wouldn't...."

"I would."

               Maura could be threatening. Niall waved at the fans and thank God the security stepped in. "Okay. I went out with a mate the other night. It didn't go over as well as I had planned. I thought that maybe things would work out to be more."

Maura covered her mouth, "You're gay." she murmured.

"No....not....like....completely." 

Niall looked down at his plate, "I think Zayn likes me....and I think....I like him."

"I'll love you no matter what, Niall. You know that."

"I'm so glad you're here." he whimpered then hid his face by raising his t-shirt collar over his eyes. Sighing, Maura glanced at the fans who were snapping pictures and screaming. 

                When they arrived home, Niall was so glad. All the boys were out except for Zayn. He came down the stairs and his eyes widened, "Hello, Ms. Horan."

"Ello, Zayn, how're you?"

"Good. Yourself?" 

"Good. Have you eaten?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'm just about to leave for rehearsals."

"I won't make it today, mate. I'm not feeling well." Niall sighed. 

"We understand, Niall. See you later." he whispered as he hurried out with security.

                Niall went over to the sofa and flopped back. Maura put her bag down, got a DVD out, and put it into the TV. "Watch." she smiled while she patted his thigh. Niall's eyes lit up when he saw it was a video of him and Greg, "I love my bubby!" three-year-old Niall giggled as he wrapped his arms around Greg's neck. "He tweeted about us." Niall laughed. Smiling, Maura kissed Niall's temple, "I love you, baby."

"I love you too, Mum. Thanks for coming."